Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3

Sleepyhead
2: Seeker

I've had my Sure Signal V3 for a couple of years now and it's generally worked okay.  Problem at the moment is that it isn't working at all, no lights,nothing.  The power socket on the top is working okay as i've tested it with another device.  Have followed the advice on Vodafone website to restart it, not nothing still.  Please help as my signal is poor at home! Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting.

Please look at the above 

it may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry, forgot to attach the traceroute output, pls see attached file.

Thanks

Sleepyhead

Your speed test results from here.
Download 13.03 Mbps  Upload 0.90 Mbps

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command
Thanks but I already looked at that.  Here's the info requested in one of the threads though:

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

tcorke

I have exactly the same issue as this. 

Working on the 7th May, then just suddenly stopped - no power light, plus none of the other lights working at all - but it is clear that power is still running through the unit as additional devices canstill be plugged in to it.

HELP!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcorke

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sleepyhead

I can see that your sure signal hasn't connected with the Vodafone network since the 30/4/2016.

I've requested a resynchronisation on your behalf. This can take up to 6 hours to complete. Once this as completed, restart all the devices registered to it.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, please check there's no damage to the ethernet cable connecting the device to your router. 

If the cable isn’t faulty we’ll need to refresh the connection between your Router and your Sure Signal. Power it down and remove from your router, power down your router and leave this switched off for 10 minutes. Restart your router, once it’s reconnected to the internet reconnect and restart your Sure Signal.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue try connecting the Sure Signal in a different location. Once you’ve gained a connection try it at home again.

If you’re still unable to connect when you’ve done this please contact us and we’ll look further into this for you.

Its becoming a common issue with V3.

I don't understand why VF are telling you to try this and that because no lights at all means its completely dead.

See this thread,

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead-...

VF will have to stop ignoring it sometime soon.

Thanks Mark.

There's no point trying any of that because, with no power light at all, so the unit is completely dead.  However, to cover all bases, I have triedwhat you suggested and,sure enough, nothing.

Looking at the post below, it seems this is a consistent issue on the V3, with no resolution from Voda.  I have reported to Consumer Direct and Trading Standards in a bid to get to the bottom of it, but I will continue to expect (hope!) that Voda will replace the unit anyway?  Without it, it can leave you really isolated with a young family in a home with no comms.

Retired-Beau
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tcorke

The warranty on the Sure Signal is 24 months.

If it’s within this time frame, please see our repair process.