Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3

El_Gordo
4: Newbie

Dear Vodafone

i regularly have problems with my V3 Sure Signal. This is disappointing because my V1 rarely let me down. Having obtained a new V3 (because the last one failed after about 15 months) the new version has stopped connecting to my phone.

The Sure Signal currently has a red light and 2 solid white lights; the 3rd white light is off.  I have 2 vodafone handsets and neither are showing a signal.  I live in mid-Bucks with no vodafone Signal (so much for the network satisfaction guarantee) so rely on the Sure Signal for mobile connectivity. 

I’ve reset the Sure Signal twice, reset my BT HomeHub 6 twice, tested the download speeds (15mb down and 1.6mb up) and switched my phones from 4G to 3G - all to no avail. Any suggestions on a fix as I’m getting seriously fed up with the poor connectivity I have with Vodafone.?

My company has also recently ditched Vodafone for EE and my work phone has a 4G Signal inside my house (albeit only 2 bars); maybe, after being a loyal Vodafone customer for nearly 20 years, it’s time I too switched.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@El_Gordo

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can re sync the SS which may help. I believe the Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts might be able to also. 

In regards to your SS v1 it does have a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty attached. 

Also It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal Version 1 even if it still looks ok regarding lights etc as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues as they can degrade. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@El_Gordo The light sequence you're seeing suggests that your Sure Signal is set up and ready to use, but hasn't connected to the phone(s). To help, please follow the below steps:

• Unplug the Sure Signal for 20 minutes
  • Plug the Sure Signal back in
  • Wait until the Sure Signal has reloaded, and then complete a hard reset of all the phone(s) you'd like to use while in range of the device

Please let us know how you get on. If you continue to experience any issues after completing this, please let us know the serial number of the Sure Signal (this can be found on the back).