main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal - Vodafone are useless

Highlighted
2: Seeker

This is kind of crazy.

I can not get a signal at home 1 bar the most so I bought a sure signal in Feb 2018 which worked fine.

My dad had a stroke so have lived with him from around feb 2019 and vodafone deactivated my sure signal. This was not a problem as I was not at home.

I am now back home and needed to re-activate my sure signal.

When I did this I got this error

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [Error ref 1w0]

So I contacted chat and they said they would sort it but it would take 6 hours and to re-register it then.

Overnight I got a text message saying it had been de-activated and to go online to activate it.

Did just that and got 

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [Error ref 1w0]

Contacted chat again.

This time they tell me there is a problem with my sure signal and that it won't take an update

"Vodafone stopped making sure signals 30th Aprill 2020 and that we dont have any."

I argued that this piece of kit has had vertually no use and was only connected for 12 months.

"We will conect you through wifi calling that will fix your problem"

Put settings as directed into phone No change 1 bar

Blah blah blah for 2 hours now resulting in I should buy a new sure signal from a third party to fix my problem or he can transfer me and I can cancel my contract.

Vodafone want me to buy another SureSignal for a minimum cost of £135 because the one they supplied is not working.  I fail to see how this can be right they even compared buying a sure signal to buying a sim card it runs out after 2 months for gods sake.

Anyone got any ideas as this is just a con from what I can see of it to get people off sure signal

TIA

Tiler

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

After 3 months of non usage a SS can have a temporary bar placed on it which customer services via Live Chat or 191 should be able to remove the temporary bar.

If a SS hasn't been used for 12+ months then it's permanently barred so no-one from Vodafone can re activate it. 

From 1 July 19 the T&C's for Sure Signal changed. For any customer buying a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has moved from two years to one year.

Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30 April 2020 but Vodafone will replace a SS that is still under warranty as far as I'm aware. 

They have done this because the Sure Signal is seen as old tech as it uses 3G however as many only still get 3G I personally do not see 3G as an older type of connection but that's my personal opinion, and so and now have moved towards Calling Over WiFi for eligible phones and tariffs but at the moment this feature does not support texting.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Sure Signals may still be available by buying them privately from selling sites but please ensure the original owner has properly de registered the Sure Signal. And if a Sure Signal has not been used for 3+ months it can be temporarily barred from the network. The original owner needs to un bar the Sure Signal. 

Again If not used for 12+ months then it's permanently barred and will not work again.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can sometimes help.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

This is to me hideous, how can you buy a physical product with a 2year guarantee and the people you buy it off can switch it off if they want and tell you to buy another one.

This is ajoke and nothing short of a con.......................

View more options
Highlighted

The Sure Signal did originally have a 2 year manufacturing warranty but Vodafone decided that for anyone purchasing a new sure signal from the date I've mentioned the new warranty period is 1 year.

It's a business decision by Vodafone which they won't discuss.

In regards to Calling Over Wi-Fi have you tried turning on airplane mode and then switch WiFi back on.

Calling Over Wi-Fi kicks in when theirs little or no network signal.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Ye but the SS is from feb 2018 and they say was only used up to beginning 2019.

Its just wrong whats the difference between buying an ss to a phone u just don't bin it after a year because it stops working you take it back don't you ??

View more options
Highlighted

I have switched it on in my account and they said I would get a text

View more options
Highlighted

Perhaps do try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via the link I added.

I'd suggest Twitter.

Link back to your thread here.

Best of luck @tiler101 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options