Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Whitelist

JohnWatkins
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone,

I have a customer that has just changed ISPs from BT to Airband. Their Sure Signal works fine through the BT router, but when connected to the Airband router will only show a flashing power light (red) and the middle & right icons solid amber.

We have confirmed that no outbound firewall rules are blocking connections and even DMZing the Sure Signal. The two amber lights remain. The customer has a static public IP but we have also tried the main NAT IP.

The only thing I can think of is that the IP/range is being geolocated to another country.

The IPs we have tried are 185.130.156.131 and 185.130.158.23.

At least one provider is geolocating one of these IPs to France.

Can you please whitelist them so we can rule geolocation out?

5 REPLIES 5

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JohnWatkins I've requested for both IP's to be added to the whitelist.

Please note it can take 3-5 working days for the request to be processed.

Kindly let us know if you need any further help after the IP's have been added. 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JohnWatkins Both IP's have successfully been added to the white list. 

Let us know if you experience any further issues. 

I've been battling with Vodafone Customer Support about this. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-SureSignal-suddenly-stops-working-trace...

I've spoken to the team 4 or 5 times. They've denied there's a whitelist. The problem I have is that my ISP has changed IP ranges recently I believe, and I requested and got a static IP address.

I can use other IPSEC VPNs fine - it's just the VF one from the SureSignal that isn't working. Support has told me to do things like reboot my phone - oblivious to the fact that the Suresignal isn't connected (v3 - flashing red light and the two lights on the right steady orange).

Can someone confirm the existence of the whitelist? And plese tell me how I can get my static IP address added when support deny it exists?!?!

Thanks!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulopinto I've replied to your post within the other thread you commented in. 

Hi again,

I have another customer with exactly the same problem after moving to a different ISP.

The range is 37.9.63.192/26, can you add this to your whitelist too please?

Thanks,

John