Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal and a Ported Number

sventhebrit
4: Newbie

Hi There,

My number ported from o2 to Vodafone this morning.  Strangely, my phone remained able to connect to the Sure Signal (I had put the VF temporary number in my Sure Signal) even when the number had ported in - this worked for a couple of hours.

I removed the temportary number and I have just tried to add the ported number to my sure signal, but it says there is a problem.

How long will I need to wait to add the number?

Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5

sventhebrit

Hi there

I can de-register and register other numbers - I get texts advising saying that this was successful.

Each time I try to register the recently ported number, it says there is a technical problem.  Incidentally, I cannot register for MyVodafone either so something appears amiss with my number.

Regards

Steve

Made a call on 191 this morning.  Given the run around and spoke to 5 different people.

Initially, they said my VF number isn't actually a Vodafone number !!!

Sure Signal - My number isn't recognised, so they need to add manually which will take 24hrs

Online account - They hadn't a clue what the issue was and couldn't give an outlook on when it will be fixed (Lets hope its quicker than the 6 weeks they have took so far to fix my entertainment pack on my other number I have with VF)

Happy Days !!!

Steve

Vodafone called me -- this was more than likely the call back they were supposed to make at 8am this morning as they called my home number.  Unfortunately, it was a bad line so I couldn't understand what they were saying - they transferred me to another person who said hello and then cut me off.

Fail !!

Steve

Hi @sventhebrit

We’ll need to make sure that everything has ported across for you correctly.

So we can check into this and help with the registration of the number on the Vodafone Sure Signal, please get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

sventhebrit
Hi Laura,
It was escalated to the SS Tech Team on Friday. I received a text just before lunch to say my number had been added to the Sure Signal so they must have done it manually.
I think it is all working now.
Thanks
Steve