Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal box, unhappy

stejjy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with vodafone since Feb 2014 and i must admit i am very unhappy with this contract. 

The major issues i have with it is the coverage for calls and web, the signal in my house is very unpredictable and if i go 2 streets from my home its fine. 

I cant understand  why vodafone charges for the signal box, its not my fault i have no signal in my home, surely vodafone is responsable, i have complained so many times i have forgot, i am also on a 3 contract and had similar issues with signal, they offered me the box for free and the signal is full and brilliant. its obvious 3 are making an effort to keep their customers happy and offering the box free of charge.

All i want is a signal in my home so i can use the vodafone contract, is it really to much to ask !!!!!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stejjy

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Dave

Post Title: post code CF32 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? ONLY ON MY STREET AND IN MY HOUSE, IF I GO 2-3 STREETS AWAY FROM MY HOME THE SIGNAL IS BETTER 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. CF32 7PD 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? YES 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? NOT REGISTERED ON ANY NETWORK 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? ALL 

6) When did you first notice this issue? FROM DAY ONE 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, SOMETIMES PERMANENT AT NIGHT AND HAVE TO SWITCH TO WIFI 

Thanks for your reply, i did everything that i could with help from your response and nothing has changes in regarding network signal and Internet, i would very much appreciate if you could pass this on to one of your teams, as i have said on many occations, all i want to do is use my phone and get what i am paying for 

Many thanks 

Steve 

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stejjy and welcome to the eForum,

I’ve had a look at your local area and I can see that the coverage is extremely patchy here.

This is a general coverage issue, rather than a network fault.

We’re unable to give a Sure Signal for free. You can buy them from our website though. For more information, see here.

Thanks

Wayne

i have been a customer with vodafone for some 20 years now, find this totally frustrating, i have no signal in my house and children, family etc can't contact me on my mobile.  i have spent several hours now on the line to customer services - been sent to and fro from customer services to the local store as one sends me back to the other.  

totally unhappy with the fact that i am being told to buy a sure signal box for £100 when 

a) partner got similar from Three - free and now has full coverage anywhere in the house!

b) i have moved - was told i was sold the contract when i had a good signal so not vodafones fault (thought mobile phone should really do what it says on the tin)! and i have actually moved 4 times in this time!

c) i could buy a sure signal box from ebay and vodafone would give me something towards it (they go for up to £60/£70) and still against the point.

surely if another mobile service can do this free why on earth is vodafone charging?

surely this is a case of me paying for a service (some £37 per month) that isn't actually giving me the service im paying for therefore vodafone aren't honouring their contract to me?  

Hi @unhappydotcom and welcome to the eForum,

Can you please let me know your full postcode, so that I can check the coverage in your area?

If it is that the coverage is patchy, then the best thing to do would be to buy a Sure Signal. Vodafone can’t be held responsible for you moving house.

You can at any point, check the available coverage in your area, on our coverage checker.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne

thank you for your reply - i have actually already had the coverage checked and was told yes indeed we are in a poor coverage area.... unfortunately moving house is a event that surely a 'mobile' should handle?  sorry but i find that answer totally unacceptable.....

Hi @unhappydotcom 

As previously advised by Wayne, we can’t be held responsible for moving mid contract to an area without coverage.

You can find further information in our Ts&Cs, here.

Thanks,

Sarah