Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal does not reconnect

sargan
4: Newbie

I have a SureSignal with a good 50MB broadband connection.

When phone is connected - all os OK.

The issue I have is that if I wander away from SureSignal area ... i.e. away from home ........... when I return the phone does not reconnect to Sure Signal.

Having no VF signal in area - the phones just sits thee with zero signal.

I left it all toady ... in the next room to SS (about 7m away) .... it des not connect.

Walk within 2m of the SS  and then wait  a few minutes and it connects ....... then I can go back to room it has been unable to connect form and have a solid 4 bars of signal.

This is VERY frustrating - especially as I may not notice it is not connected and am missing calls.

Seems unable to auto-reconnect

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Your phone will try to connect to the strongest signal it can see. 

I'm wondering if you try turning off 4G in the phones settings if that would make a difference as the SS pushes out 3G. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My phone is set to auto negotiate connection method.

There is no 3G or 4G signal where I am ..... there used to be 3G, then this was lost when 4G went on local cell.

I don't really want o have to go into settings and turn 4G off every time I enter my house.    With auto-negotaite I should not need to.

Once I have moved really closeto device and it has connected ... it stays fine as long as I do not move away form signal totally and connect to network when away from home.

That seems to be the issue - if it has been off teh SS and onto network it does not switch back.

I looked again now as a test ........ zero bars of signal ... the 'triangle is there - but all 'greyed out'.

When I move close to unit - it goes to filled in .. all bars of signal strength - I can then go back to location I was in and it stays connected.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sargan Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Well past that guide in terms of testing