main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal giving wrong location

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have had a Sure Signal for about a week and it is confusing our two mobiles phones.  When registered to our home location near Glasgow it gives a location near Newry in Northern Ireland when checked on Google location and Google maps.  It gives similar location with other apps.  If a different home post code is used just a new miles west of my home it then resolves to an entirely different location south of Edinburgh.  Finally, when I tried a post code near Ipswich it decided the location was near Eastleigh in Hampshire.

When my phone is using WiFi and mobile signals in the house, its location flip flops between the correct one and the bogus one depending on the home postcode registered.

How can this be fixed? 

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

Hi @madmetal17 

I've seen past posts here and elsewhere in relation to a persons phone not showing the correct location which sometimes can be resolved by choosing the High Accuracy or something similar in the phones settings.

I cannot recall posts where the Sure Signal wasn't showing the correct postcoded area.

As you say " It gives similar location with other apps. " could this be an issue with your postcode location and it being recognised and not the actual Sure Signal.

Apart from the How-do-I-move-my-Vodafone-Sure-Signal-to-a-new-location. and the set up postcode instructions within the above link i.e " You can update your postcode with the following steps:

Choose your number and click on Manage services.

Then click on Sure Signal and choose the device you want to change.

Choose Manage Sure Signal, then Change postcode location "

I do not think there's much more you can do !

You could try customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they all can access your account to see what they can do at their end _ which unfortunately may not be too much if it's a postcode issue.

However I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options