Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not even showing in DHCP list

jwx213
2: Seeker

I have a v2 Sure Signal that i have been trying for three days to get working.

The Sure Signal had been shelved at work for over 12 months so first needed de registering and activating. I achieved this and activated it on my account and it all shows registered.

I then got told it needed a bar lifting so it would work which was done yesterday at 8:00am.

Today it still wouldnt work so we dug a little deeper, i have been sent a load of ports to forward but the Sure Signal isnt showing on the internal network either MAC or an IP to do them.

I have changed the ethernet cable and reset the Sure signal as described three times but still the Mac isnt showing on a network scan. Can someone help as this is driving me round the bend as i had an EE boost box working through the superhub 2 perfectly with no forwarding and using the same cables for over a year.

Box Serial is 40120933458

It is currently powered on and has had another full reset.

Barrie.

5 REPLIES 5

jwx213

And now after another call to customer services told its dead pay £100 for a new one or get a used one off eBay!!

Ive been on Vodafone a week, really not an impressive start. EE sent one for free because there is bad coverage and it took one call to activate and never had issues.

Please is there anyone at Vodafone who can sort this out as ive never known of a bit of kit that originally cost £100 and being totally dead after such little useage and being told buy the new one for another £100.

If the final answer is buy a new one thats fine, we will be porting out as fast as we ported in. Poor service and customer services who wont budge on anything. Out of frying pan into fire springs to mind!

And now i have de registered and re registered it again and been sent a text saying that its been suspended due to inactivity AGAIN!!!

This should have been removed, can someone take this problem by the horns and get me a signal at home.....

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jwx213

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

jwx213
Was told yesterday the sure signal was blocked and useless. Got a new one and a nice man gave me a discount on line rental to cover it. Plugged in, activated and worked no settings changed at all 🙂

That's resolved enough for me now. Just took a nice guy to solve it.

Full 3G back again at home

Hi @jwx213,

I'm glad it's been sorted for you :Smiling:

Thanks,

Matt B