Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working, Vodafone unwilling to help

gregat273
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After a total of around 8 hours speaking to 14 different people accross 3 departments at Vodafone and receiving the most abominable customer care known to human kind, I thought I would see if anybody here can help as I see lots of people have the same issues. 

Please bare in mind I am not a computer geek so I will need replies in plain english!

Broadband provider is Vodafone (I had to tell them this a million times!) and my internet box is what was provided by them

Issue: Sure signal is not working after 5 months of it working absolutely fine and I haven't changed a single thing to stop it working. There is a red flashing light, second light is off and 3rd and 4th lights are orange.

One person said something about tunneling (no idea what this is and none of the advisors would tell me or help me fix it) another person said something about a static address (again no idea what this is and again they were not willing to elaborate or tell me how to fix it).

Tech 'support' said my sure signal was working fine therefore it is a problem on Vodafones end stopping my sure signal connecting. I have had to buy a home phone now for emergency use, I did not have one in the first place because I can not abide cold calling and running my own business means I have a lot of cold calls (I am on TPS) as my number is out there on the web, Without my home phone I have to rely on Sure signal for my work which means I am now loosing money so please before I bang my head against a wall can somebody fix my sure signal?! 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can see why you would be frustrated at this @gregat273

In the following link are some troubleshooting guides and I apologise if you've already tried them. 

One however is titled 'issue not listed

This will show you have to run a traceroute for you to then copy and paste it back here so the Vodafone Social Media Team here can take a look. 

It may just need a re sync which customer services on 191 can do  

Anyway here is the link I mentioned above. 

Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.