Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

Delco
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Following a power cut my sure signal has stopped working - no power light or any lights. Tried a different socket just in case. Are there any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I Hi,

Which version > is it a v3?

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services.

A Sure Signal has a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It is a V3.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Delco If you complete the steps as @Jenny has advised, we'll be able to assist you further. :smileyhappy:

Hi

I did this yesterday and posted the results as a reply - will have to redo and post again as I cannot see the posting from yesterday....

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Delco

We're unable to see your reply.

If you could repost it to this thread, we'll then investigate this further.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Delco

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@Dane_B

The official advice is to immediately remove the device from the power socket and under no circumstances, plug it back in if the lights are out..If you do not agree with this advice then may I suggest you obtain the correct information internally.

DO NOT RUN ANY TESTS OR TAKE ANY STEPS

This is from Trading Standards as when the lights go out, there is damage to internal components and the possibility of the device exploding or setting on fire.!

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

@Delco

IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THIS DEVICE FROM THE SOCKET

- IT IS DANGEROUS AND THAT THE SOCKET STILL HAS POWER IS MISLEADING!!

Your SureSignal has failed, please read the following link:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Bu...

It is an issue that Vodafone have been aware of for over three years and more so in the last 9 months since I got Trading Standards involved who are currently seeking to prove a design fault to force a full recall of all older versions.

Band of Brothers has correctly advised you to remove the device and contact Vodafone. It is a shame a Tech Team Member has put you and your property at risk of a fire of an unpleasant event when they should have been briefed on this issue, although should have suggested the 24 month warranty is irrelevant - where there are no lights.

BoB - If you need clarification and guarantee on this in order that you can advise, contact me and I will forward you the letter from Jeroen Hoencamp.

@Jenny @Alex @Dane_B - you ALL should know better than to advise this customer to run tests when they have clearly stated that the device has "no power lights on it".

YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN ANYWAY ADVISING A USER WITH A SURESIGNAL WITH NO LIGHTS TO RUN ANY KIND OF TESTS. THIS IS AGAINST THE INSTRUCTION OF BOTH VODAFONE'S PREVIOUS CEO AND TRADING STANDARDS

- I HAVE NO OPTION THAN REPORT YOUR ADVICE AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE  TO THE CEO AND TRADING STANDARDS AND HAVE DONE SO ALREADY.

PLEASE: Report your failed unit to Trading Standards at the address below and also inform them that a Vodafone Tech Team Member has advised you to perform tests when it has clearly failed.

You are entitled to a FREE replacement, without any suggestion of:

• Payment of any kind
  • Contract upgrade
  • Or that your device is out of warranty

Please see Page1 of the link I put earlier as to Vodafone CEO's agreement with Trading Standards in regards to both in and out of warranty replacement.

Any problems, go to the end of my posting and let us know there as my thread is actively monitored by 'knowledgeable' Tech Team Member's.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Delco - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.
  • The results of a traceroute
  • Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.