main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal problem

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've had a Sure Signal for years and my existing one failed around the same time as I changed broadband supplier.

A new one has been purchased and registered (Serial# 42201513340) and users added.  Sure Signal itself has flashing red light and a constant amber on the 'User' icon.

I've de-registered and re-registered multiple times.

I've factory reset the unit multiple times.

Port forwards have been setup manually though they weren't necessary previously.

Speed test - 300Mbits up and down.

Trace to 212.183.133.177 yields:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Gigaclear10826 [192.168.0.1]
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 88-202-203-62.customer.gigaclear.net [88.202.203.62]
3 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms 10.104.0.37
4 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.104.0.36
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.

Any further ideas?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Does anyone from Vodafone actually look at these postings at all?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @bigbill1970, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Sure Signal at the moment. Vodafone has discontinued the sale of our Sure Signals now, can I ask where you purchased the new one?

If you've purchased this secondhand, it may need to be de-registered by the original owner, if it hasn't been already, before you're able to register it again properly with your details.

For more specific help as we're unable to go into account specifics over the forum, our technical services can be found via 191, options 2, 2, 2. Please click here for alternative customer services options. Please let me know if this helps 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

It was bought brand new from a third party supplier.  It has registered against my account without an issue.

I've tried talking to customer services both online and via the phone and all they seem to be able to do is ask me to turn if off, turn it on and wait upto 6 hours, all to no avail.

View more options