Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 stopped connecting

eccles291
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our Sure Signal was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago when we had a 15 minute power cut. After that it took a couple of days to connect up and start working as before but it has since stopped connecting again, leaving us with ‘No Service’ on our phones in a very poor reception area. Both my wife and I rely on our mobile phones for work purposes so this is extremely inconvenient not to mention frustrating.

Our Internet is working just fine. 

I’ve tried resetting the Sure Signal box numerous times but to no avail. The top light is lit and doesn’t flash, the second light (with the @ symbol) flashes occasionally and then sometimes all four lights come on together for around 10 seconds without flashing then the bottom three go off again. Is there anything you can do from your end to sort this please?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

While Vodafone look I to your issue may I suggest. 

It maybe worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), even if it still looks ok regarding lights etc as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues as they can degrade.

They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I’ll have a look around to see if we’ve got something similar that might fit the bill. It does seem strange that the SS box did work properly for a few days though. With that in mind I wouldn’t expect the issue to be caused by the power supply. 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eccles291 The advice given by @BandOfBrothers is spot on 😊 Please let us know if you notice a difference with your Sure Signal, once you've tried this. If not, we'll be happy to look into it further for you.