Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 blew up

DaveSkerrett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal v3 today,  worked for 2 hours then stopped with a loud band and smell of electrical burning, getting refund tomorrow, wouldn't have another one of these in the house, it was like Watching a test on fake Britain, lucky I was in the room when it decided to blow

112 REPLIES 112

Hilariously poor customer service, as expected. Tried to phone on my mobile, had a callback which was cut off half way through due to poor phone signal (natch). Called back on landline this time. Spoke to first adviser, and who asked what the problem was. Told him my device had exploded. "So what's the problem" came the reply. Told I could have a free replacement due to my long standing service with VF (14 years! who knew) and forwarded to second adviser. Second adviser clearly knew nothing about this conversation, went through whole debacle again, put on hold, told her manager says they will replace it for free due to the fact that the thing exploded, but now I need to be passed on to tech support to authorise. Tech support - had to start AGAIN, explained issue. Put on hold for AGES and then told I would have this issue logged on my account, but that I needed to take the unit to the shop and explain it for the 5th time. And the whole time forced to listen to bloody Coldplay. Absolutely disgusted with Vodafone. 

bullbars16
2: Seeker

I also need to report and highlight an urgent serious breach of Health & Safety regarding the Vodafone Sure Signal Box that Vodafone has supplied me, whereby there was a loud bang and strong smell of burning from this device which basically exploded and caught fire at home.

Luckily for my two young children, wife and myself, I was here to witness and react quickly to minimise any damage to my property and our electrical trip switch disconnected the power supply.

I then spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to convince Riham (Sure Signal Team) and Mahmood (Customer Service) that this is extremely serious and a full UK recall should be undertaken. I was then told that I was trying it on in order to get another free sure signal box and to take it to my local store which I told them was miles away from where I live.Sia from the Sure Signal Team has also been on the phone to me four times and told me that they have checked things out at their end and the box is definately not working and that I need to purchase another..........wow how frustrating and no thank you.

Come on Vodafone you have a clear duty of care under UK Health & Safety law and will need to do more than just brush this under the carpet. A long complaint letter has been sent to your team and also BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards so lets hope something quickly changes before anyone gets seriously hurt.

@bullbars16 - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@Charles wrote:

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

The customer service link doesn't work.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@muirwoods - Thanks for spotting that, I've updated the hyperlink. :Smiling:

christydavis
Updated. I took my SS to the Vodafone shop, they told me that a) they do not keep them in stock and b) they could not send it off for repair as it was out of warranty. The repair costs 66 quid compared to 69 for a new one. Long convo with CS in the shop - promised to investigate why I had been given false assurances. 10 days later - still no reply. I eventually phoned back AGAIN and went through the whole debacle 3 times before the 8th person agreed to send me a new SS for free. I had 3 satisfaction surveys by text during this time. I gave rubbish feedback and was texted back offering a discussion over the phone. I'm still waiting..... All in all a ##~## experience and after 14 years I am leaving Vodafone as soon as my contract is up.

muirwoods
4: Newbie
If you're leaving can I have your SureSugnal /:-)

When mine blew up they just didn't want to know. Well done for your perseverance!

LIGROVES

I phoned Vodafone customer services, and all they could say was they would send me a new one. I did explain to them there is no way I would put that anywhere near my house after it blew up and the amount of reports on here of others doing the same! I am disguisted with Vodafones reaction, so many people are saying their SureSignal has blown up too, it is dangerous and Vodafone do not care. So far it seems everyone was lucky when theirs blew up but I am concerned someone with one will not be so lucky. I do not understand how Vodafone can just say they will replace them and are not dealing with it!

My Sure signal v3 blew up a few days ago, tripped the switch, rattles and now won't work. I bought it on 2/5/14, so just under two years ago. I have just had a Live chat with an advisor and they said it only has a 12 month warranty whereas everyone else says 2 years. Which one is correct? He said to take it to a Vodafone store to get it repaired but couldn't tell me how much it would cost. It cost me £100 so I'd expect it to last a lot longer!