Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 blew up

DaveSkerrett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Bought a Sure Signal v3 today,  worked for 2 hours then stopped with a loud band and smell of electrical burning, getting refund tomorrow, wouldn't have another one of these in the house, it was like Watching a test on fake Britain, lucky I was in the room when it decided to blow

112 REPLIES 112

Hi celbelle,

Do not worry to much about how old your Sure Signal Box is as you will find that the company has to take reasonable steps and action in order to rectify concerns over these Health & Safety issues.

Have a look at this link regarding the press from recent tumble dryers catching fire and what the company has to do:- http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/appliances/washing-machines/safety-notices/

Its such a shame that Vodafone are not doing anything and a full UK recall has not been put in place.

Keep safe

Like so many of you already included.... My sure signal v3 has also just reduced itself to a molten sooty mess!? I'm simply astonished by the number of us that have all experienced this!

Vodafone supports response was that they've added comments to my account..... Big deal?

This is unacceptable! I was home with my wife and two young children at the time and dare not think about what could have happened?!

Something needs to be done and simply replacing these with a further identical unit is not at all the answer as they are obviously a serious danger and only likely to fail again.

What is it going to take for this issue to be taken seriously?!

@Usdre74 @bullbars16 @celbelle @christydavis @Monsoonstorm @Unsure_Signal @ccarmock @AndyBaker @Aw328 @muirwoods @LIGROVES

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi Charles,

This is the second private message I have had from you to use the link and enter the code to contact Vodafone. After two attempts and a complaint letter sent to your HQ, I have still not had any comunication back from Vodafone.

Let's get this sorted Charles before somone gets seriously hurt.

Hoping you can help

Bullbars16

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bullbars16

What’s your email reference number (#13xxxxx) from the automated response? We’ll chase this up for you.

ChazzD

No email reference number has been issued to me. I have copied my letter of complaint into a private email to you and is the one I have now sent to Vodafone on three occassions to hopefully resolve this matter.

Let's not play games and delay the process any longer as someone is going to get seriously hurt due to these exploding Sure Signal boxes.

I feel like I am going around in circles here. No pun intended  but this level of service from Vodafone is shocking!!!!!!!

bullbars16

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You should have received an automated reply to your message.  If you didn't, check your junk mail folders.  If there is nothing in there, you will need to resend the message, carefully following the instructions you were given.  The eForum Team are not able to respond to Private Messages. 

PWIAC

bullbars16
2: Seeker

For those of you out there reading this and are disgusted by the lack of concern and reactiveness from Vodafone regarding the exploding Sure Signal Box then please use this link to BBC Watchdog and highlight your concerns.

Vodafone, remember you have a duty of care and someone is going to get hurt, you cannot ignore this and it will not go away. You cannot put a price on someones life..........please send this and my original post to your CEO and ask them to contact me.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Dear Charles,

I will not be contacting Customer Services about this. If you had taken the time to actually read my posts you would realise that after considerable time and effort I managed to persuade Vodafone to replace my SSv3 for free (I say free - I still had to play for delivery). Note that this took 2 one hour phone calls at my own expense and a day off wasted going to the local Vodafone shop for a fruitless trip as advised by the same customer service people who you now suggest I contact. I spoke to a total of 8 Vodafone employees about this matter - one of these was downright rude, and one practically called me a liar when I stated that in my first phone call I had twice received assurances that I could have my unit replaced for free. She stated that she would undertake an investigation and listen to the relevant phone conversation and call me back.  I am still waiting. I have been with Vodafone for 14 years and God knows why. The signal here [Removed in line with House Rules] I needed the - at best - semi-functional signal booster to give me mobile access. I would not care, but as an on-call consultant anaesthetist I am required to be contactable for emergency surgical cases and paediatric critical care so it is pretty important that I can be contacted. As such, I need to rely on my landline as the mobile is next to useless some days and frankly unreliable. I can only hope that my replacement unit does not explode in the next 18 months, as I plan to leave Vodafone the very moment my contract expires. Your customer service royally sucks [Removed in line with House Rules] Regards, etc.

Usdre74
I did as Charles advised and did indeed receive an automated response with the reference: [#13234632]
It said someone would be in touch with me within 48 hours.

It's now been more than twice that and what a surprise..... nothing!!!!???