Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v3 - lights fine but no 3G signal

Rhino75
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

First 3 lights are fine but don't get any 3g signal - 4th in use light doesn't light up when making/recv call. (as per https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Version-3-Sure-Signal-Troubleshooting/td-p/1393... )

Its not worked in months - tried with two different phones - all phone numbers registered on dashboard - dashboard shows sure signal active. Good internet connection with PlusNet (BT) - fibre to cabinet and 40MB download, 10MB up. Suresignal directly into router but 5 M away from any wifi source.

Called Vodafone technical support (multiple times) but no luck so far.

What we/they have tried

* Changing postcode * "Resyncing" * Reset of suresignal and phone.

Serial number - 42153722808

Anything anyone can help with here or is it just useless trash?

8 REPLIES 8

pobpob
4: Newbie

I have the same problem.. a V3, new SS (a replacement for a blown up one from last month).

Mine has no 4th light, no matter what I do.  I have done the 20 second reset. No improvement.  Have VF been messing with their systems?  It seems a lot of stuff has changed - the odd log-in issues oin the websites, and mysterious Oracle page, and the really ##~## new forum... (how do you see the latest post on a thread!?)

PS the link on this page:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Version-3-Sure-Signal-Troubleshooting/td-p/1393... )

that is the help for "If no 3G signal" is a dead link.  Come on VF, don't you check thses sort of things automatically?

I understand now that there are some network issues in a certain clusters.

I also now find that a 20 second reset of SS means you have to wait a few hours for it to configure onto the network.

I also found out that SS does not automatically see a device (iphone on my case) if it is configured to the default state of Mobile Dtat/4G.    So my older iPhone would seamlessly log on to the SS, but my newer 4G capable phone wont.  So now I have to manually switch 4G off to get it to log on to the SS.   Is this right?  This is silly and negates the point of having SS... or more likely I'll just run my phone on 3G so not to miss calls when I am at home.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rhino75 I can see that your Sure Signal was successfully resynced on 20 April. As six hours have now passed, please reset the device and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

@pobpob As the Sure Signal generates a 3G signal, your phone will need to be manually switched down from 4G to 3G in your settings for it to be compatible. If you need a hand with how to do this, please let us know which phone you're using and we'll be happy to help :smileyhappy:

@Tash wrote:

@pobpob As the Sure Signal generates a 3G signal, your phone will need to be manually switched down from 4G to 3G in your settings for it to be compatible. If you need a hand with how to do this, please let us know which phone you're using and we'll be happy to help :smileyhappy:

I understand how to do it.  However if you could ring me up everytime I enter my house to remind me to go into settings and swap from 4G to 3G than that would be super.. thanks for the offer. And for my wife too.  (obviously we might not get that call as it is just one bar of reception if the sure signal is ignoring our phones now.

I saw your post (about the 3G/4G issue) and thought HURRAH! That might be the answer for me. So I checked my phone..... it is set to 3G (preferred)/2G already..... so I changed it to 3G only. Now it's working. What utter rubbish.... I wonder how long it will last... 

@Natasha Still wasn't working late Thursday night after a reset. It stopped working at all (no lights at all) Friday so I took it back to the shop and they are sending me a new one.

Hope this one works a bit better than the other one which has never worked reliably (and no its no the broadband fault - it BT infinity and I use it all the time for VOIP / video concference etc without any problems whatsoever).

@Tash wrote:

@pobpob As the Sure Signal generates a 3G signal, your phone will need to be manually switched down from 4G to 3G in your settings for it to be compatible. 

Ok I have exactly the same ... STILL. It worked fine yesterday (after I switched my phone down from 3Gpreferred/2G to 3G only.... today it is completely useless. No 4th light, no signal. This is totally useless

tjtops
4: Newbie

Yep same here. Even got Vss exchanged for a new one last week (but didn;t use it straightaway as all of a sudden it started working again). Nothing the matter with my broadband. All lights as they should be, registered the new one yesterday  and lo and behold, just the same. No signal. SOMETHING is going on.. why won't anyone at Vodafone say what it is, what they're doing about it and how long it will go on for? Last time I had to resort to Twitter to get any half sensible response.... will now do so again!