main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal v3 not working this morning

4: Newbie

The issue you’re experiencing:

I came into work this morning to find that my Sure Signal v3 wasn't providing any 3G signal.

What light sequence you're seeing:

I switched it off and on again and now it just has a flashing red light and the right hand two orange lights are on solid.

Your speed test results from here.

Ping: 36ms  Download: 6.21Mbps  Upload: 0.42Mbps

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms adslrouter2.dartcom.local [192.168.0.253]
2 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms 410.xe-2-2-0.central10.pcn-bng02.plus.net [84.93
.253.72]
3 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 411.be6.pcn-ir02.plus.net [84.93.253.79]
4 36 ms 36 ms 36 ms 195.99.125.144
5 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms peer6-hu0-1-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.
127.25]
6 35 ms 36 ms 36 ms t2c3-et-7-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.22
8]
7 36 ms 36 ms 36 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * ^C

The ISP is Plusnet and there's nothing else on that connection apart from two VoIP phones. I routed the PC via that connection to get the traceroute and speedtest results.

View more options
50 REPLIES 50

Hi there

My SS3 was working fine yesterday but today i have the flashing red light and the last 2 lights are static amber.

I've tried both the simple/quick reset (5 seconds) and the other reset (hold button for 20 seconds, leave for about 30 seconds, then press reset button to turn back on). 

The power light comes on and the 1st light (globe) flashes white slowly but then it goes to the 2nd and 3rd amber lights.

Can you advise please?  

View more options
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem this morning.

Have tried resetting, unplugging for 30 mins, re starting it and leaving it connected.

So far I've been without a vodaphone phone signal all morning with just a flashing  red and 2 static amber lights for company. Looks like my day of working from home is ruined

View more options

I have the same issue - authentication problem at Vodafone side according to https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p...

believe they have either removed from whitelist of acceptable IP addresses or more likely you have had an external IP address change. Either way there are two ways to resolve - get a techie Vodafone guru monitoring this forum to check and do that for you (not sure how) or if you talk to support they will talk you through deregistering and reregistering the box - but that could be another 24 hours - I am doing the latter and its not resolved yet...(30 minutes in)

Hope that helps

View more options

Thank you. Will de-register mine and then re register - hopefully it's straightforward! 

View more options

I have a SureSignal 3 connected to a BT Business Hub 5 Type A. The SS serial number is 42165037450. Until last week, the set-up worked flawlessly. A week ago, I noticed on coming into the office in the morning (the hub and SS are left on all the time), the SS had stopped working, but repowering it seemed to fix the problem. This morning, the SS tries to start up but halts with a flashing red light and the centre and right-hand indicators a steady orange. I have checked the cable and the router appears to be working, and I can see that the SS has acquired an IP address on the router. I contacted Vodafone Tech Support and the connection was resynched to no avail (this was about 90 mins ago). Any suggestions?

View more options
6: Helper

Same here. As usual, nothing from Vodafone to say if they have a service outage. Useless SP. 

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.
View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks - sort of glad it's not just me, but pretty frustrating.  I'm on a corporate phone with a personal sure signal and VF support told me to go through work support, who were confused....

Sounds like the de-reg / re-reg route is the way to go, thanks

View more options

Same here too. Neither of mine are connecting.

View more options

Same here. Looks like Vodafone has a server issue ... again. They NEVER give a status message for this service which many of us depend upon. Sick and tired of their standard replies which never get anything actually fixed. These devices, once working, should never have problems unless they physically give up, yet Vodafone will have you running around like an idiot, wasting time until whichever server has failed is restarted. 

View more options

It may not fix it as we may need them to sort out the IP blocking - but its a start!

View more options

Well i de-registered and then reg-registerd but i still have the flashing power light and static amber 2nd & 3rd lights. So as you say, may need Vodafone's intervention as well!

I also work from home and rely onteh sure signal.

Let's hope a vodafone techie picks this up

View more options

Ah, at least it's not just me then! Thanks for confirming that

Do Vodafone have some kind of status page for service issues like this, which aren't covered on the map version?

View more options

Sounds a wider issue - I have just the same.
Does Vodafone get notification from here? Or do we all need to take individual action?

View more options

Same problem .. was working fine until about around 11:00 today and now dead with flashing red and two rightmost lights orange.
Ran tracert and entries 8-30 give Request timef out.

This has to be a generic vodafone problem so they need to pull their finger out and resolve and not have us mess around with the device.

View more options

Have now chatted to vodaphone help, who were less than helpful I'm afraid.

I told them that I had already tried re setting my suresignal 3  early this morning and was still getting the same problem. The vodaphone advice was "unplug/replug the modem cable, then press the reset button for 10 seconds on the suresignal and wait for it to restart... I assure you this will work"

Two Hours later it's still Flashing Red light and static Amber lights.

Advice seems as useful as a chocholate fireguard.

View more options

You'd hope they monitor or get notified - pretty shabby if not

View more options

Did an online chat -  VF acknowledged it's their probem and many affected.
I was asked not to do any resets or other actions and leave alone until they fix it.

View more options

Wish they did. 99.9% of all faults are either old PSUs on the v1 SS boxes or Vodafone's back office servers. Not once, in over a decade, has Vodafone ever given SureSignal customers an update on their services. 

View more options

I have the same problem that started today.  Can find no help from Vodafone.   I have only had this booster for a month and it worked fine until two days ago.  At that stage the red light was steady and the next two white lights were on (as it should be) but my phones did not get any signal.   I reset the device and was OK until today when I now have a flashing red light and the last two lights are a constant orange.  I have again tried complete resets but it just returns to this error.

What is going on?

View more options