main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal v3 not working this morning

4: Newbie

Exactly the same problem here with my SS3 as the OP. Same led's.

ISP is IDNET. Have spent this morning trying different router ports, resets and re-boots to no avail, now found this post. Glad its not just me.

Any updates? You guys still down?

View more options
2: Seeker

OK - I was due to have my third new one delivered to day but yesterday got a message that Vodafone had idetified the problem remotely and apparent two connections were missing. I was told to wait 24 hours and try again....it seems to be working now and all the lights come on as they should.

Previously I had two solid lights but the third one didnt come on when the phone was in use - it wasn's a 4G issue as I dont live in a 4G area. The remote fix and re-synch seems to have worked.

View more options
3: Seeker

I have also gone on the 'Chat' line to report this problem.    I received a complete different response than in a post above!    What they said was " have checked the details and As per the light sequence the sure signal authentication got failed.  To fix this issue you would need to contact your ISP (Internet Service provider).

Please contact your  ISP and advise that they are trying to set up a VPN tunnel and that the IPsec is being blocked on an internal firewalled server within their network"

So it looks like its all BT fault?

View more options

Search the forums.

The problem is the same for people using multiple ISP's. I have seen the same report from a Plusnet User, a BT user and I am with Idnet.

This ain't an ISP problem.

View more options
6: Helper

Still down here. Very, very angry as this stalls my business until it is fixed by Vodafone. Very unsatisfactory. 

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.
View more options

On my second chat to VP, they confirmed there was a problem and they were working on it. They said no need to deregister and reregister the unit.

For all talking about isp's, well my isp is vodaphone.. and I have had the same problem now for the last 8 hours.

My emplyer is not happy that I can't be contacted at home, especially as I'm supposed to be on call for medical enquiries. 

Grrr

View more options

Another person with the same problem.  Vodafone is my ISP so I would hope one department could talk to the other the fix things.

My tracert dies after 4 hops.  So it is definitely something in their network causing issues.

View more options

Forunately for me, I can use WiFi calling, but texts don't (or didn't used) to work via that. Vodafone have improved their coverage here somewhat, but the 2ft thick granite walls do a fairly good job of keeping the signal out!

View more options

Hi 

I have had the same problem as you for the last 7 hours.

Have contacted VP, several times and they have just admitted it is a national fault, they are working on it (slowly) and assured me it will be resolved by midnight BST. 

So far I've noted nearly 500 views/posts on the subject, but nothing from VP in any forum.

Hope that helps

View more options

I'm having the very same light sequence/no signal issue as Julian. I noticed last night that my mobile had no signal and today I've scoured the forums looking for the solution.

I've reset the (Vodafone) router and the Sure Signal and checked that the provided Ethernet cable works (green light is on and orange one flashing). 

Being that we have different routers, it would appear they are not at fault and it's definitely a problem with the Sure Signal plug... It's like the SS is stuck in a boot loop, as after the middle and left orange lights (plus red flashing light) being on for around 12 mins, it resets itself. All lights go out for around 20secs followed by solid red light for 40, then flashing white/left light for a minute before the orange lights + flashing red.

Has the Sure Signal recently had a firmware update that has 'bricked' them?

This is not acceptable. I'll be returning the SS to the shop to see if a new one will fix the issue.

View more options

Just had a 'chat' with my ISP - BT. They have assured me that there is nothing wrong with their setup. All my devices work fine (except Vodafone's Sure Signal)   It is a Vodafone issue NOT ISPs.     It looks like their chat operators are making it up as they go along.   I was given 'goobley-##~##'.     When will Vodafone pick up on this and look after their clients? 

View more options

@Roboman wrote:

Just had a 'chat' with my ISP - BT. They have assured me that there is nothing wrong with their setup. All my devices work fine (except Vodafone's Sure Signal)   It is a Vodafone issue NOT ISPs.     It looks like their chat operators are making it up as they go along.   I was given 'goobley-##~##'.     When will Vodafone pick up on this and look after their clients? 

Join

View more options

Hello, this has happened to me today. Has this been solved for anyone on this community thread?

View more options

Just had a chat - and was told the source issue is fixed, probably 30 - 40 mins to flush through & be visible to us. I did ask for a Vodafone rep to post a formal response & status here - so keep looking ...

View more options

I'm guessing that the repeated sequence of indicators (I see this too) is the SS regularly trying to acquire a connection to the Vodafone server and timing out.

View more options

Wishful thinking!    Well over an hour since your post and no solution and no statement,   I have been on facebook but they just refer you to their troubleshooting page.  Been there done that many times. No result.

View more options

Spoke to Vodafone just now and this time they told me it was probably over-heating and I need to turn off and turn on again, though he did say he'd just re-synched it as well .

Thi sguy had heard nothing about the IP blocking issue at all - pretty hopeless

View more options

I don't want to push my luck, but just did a reset and mine looks OK now ... (took a few mins after reset)

View more options

Mine is now online too.  No reset done on my part but i think it has been doing one automagically every so often today.

View more options

Mines backup.   :-)

Fingers Crossed!

View more options