main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal v3 - users cannot use!

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hello Vodafone,

Following a phone + sim change, users registered to the sure signal now cannot connect.  The owner can which proves the device is working.  I've followed all of the trouble shooting and cannot resolve.  I wonder if you'd mind please re-syncing the device for me from your end please.  The serial number is 42173793771.

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @dan-beynon

If the Sure Signal is not registered to your account to comply with GDPR data protection the approach to Vodafone has to be  made by the registered account owner.

When the phone and SIM have been changed and this is for the registered owner it is recommended to temporarily change ownership to one of the other numbers. 

Further information here: My Sure Signal is working but not with my phone. What can I do?

For quickness customer services or live chat will help the registered owner. 

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

As account access is no longer available via the forum @dan-beynon  you probably would be best served engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

Please link back to your thread and include your forum username to help quicken up assistance. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @dan-beynon

If the Sure Signal is not registered to your account to comply with GDPR data protection the approach to Vodafone has to be  made by the registered account owner.

When the phone and SIM have been changed and this is for the registered owner it is recommended to temporarily change ownership to one of the other numbers. 

Further information here: My Sure Signal is working but not with my phone. What can I do?

For quickness customer services or live chat will help the registered owner. 

View solution in original position

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks BoB and Ann.  Turns out an easy fix that i'd missed, and am replying here in case it helps others.

The simple solution was the v3 is a 3G device, most phones now are set to prefer 4G network so won't find the Sure Signal device.  What you have to do is go into settings - mobile network and change the preferred network to 3G.  This would appear to only be a android issue as my wife's phone works without this.

As you can imagine, this isn't ideal as it means that when you're back on the normal network your phone is preferring 3G network so you won't be getting the fastest speeds available.

View more options