main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal v3

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal v 3 which I use with a BT Hub 5.

I have had it for years and it's been very reliable on the whole but it has been down for days now and I can't seem to get it up and running.

The red power light is solid and the adjacent 'world' light is flashing white.

I have called Vodafone around 5 times now and on each occasion I have been told told to reboot the unit and wait 6 hours but this has not worked I have been promised call backs which have failed to materialise and there doesn't seem much point calling agaain and being told the same thing.

Is there someone at vodafone who can help resolve this please. Serial number is 43162265524. Thanks.

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I appreciate being connected is vital and even more so in these unprecedented times @Johnmu 

Perhaps take a look at the Vodafone Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting which also has a traceroute option for the Vodafone Social Media Team here to look at.

Customer services should be able to perform a re sync if needed.

The Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries maybe able to help you too.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for your post.

I called the help desk again who said they have reset it...again, and to wait 6 hours. We'll see if that does the trick.

If that doesn't work I'll try the trace route option (whatever that is!) but could you please direct me to it as I couldn't find it in your links. 

Thanks

John

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

It's in the 'Issue not listed' option in the link @Johnmu 

I've added it here 》Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Issue-not-listed. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

The remote reboot failed to work and the unti remains down as it has been for several days. If someone could help with this that would be kind.

It's a Version 3 SS

The red light is solid and the world light next to it flashing white

Download - 51.4...... Upload 10.2....... Ping 9 

IP 2a00:23c6:7d01:7a00:35c0:516d:7116:9d61

Serial number 43162265524

Traceroute below

1  3 ms 2 ms 1 ms bthub [192.168.1.254]

2  6 ms 6 ms 6 ms 172.16.11.68

3  * * * Request timed out. 

4   8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 31.55.186.184

5   8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 213.121.192.148

6   8 ms 7 ms 7 ms peer7-et-0-0-3.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [62.6.201.216]

7   9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 166-49-128-32.gia.bt.net [166.49.128.32]

8  7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 166-49-211-254.gia.bt.net [166.49.211.254]

9  8 ms 7 ms 7 ms ae9-xcr1.lsh.cw.net [195.2.25.169]

10 * * * Request timed out. 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out.

Thanks John

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Johnmu The light sequence you've mentioned indicates your Sure Signal's struggling to maintain a connection to your Broadband service. This can happen if it's been switched off, disconnected at any point, or if the software is out of date. To help it reconnect and update the softeware being used, I've resynced this with our network. This can take upto 6 hours. After this time, please restart your phone whilst in range and you'll be reconnected 👍 Let me know how you get on when trying this.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Mark

I called the help desk again (beofre your post) who advised me to unplug the sure signal unit and the router, wait 20 minutes, reboot both and wait 6 hours etc.

Unfortunately, the sure signal unit never came back to life - no lights, nothing and after another call the technician and I decided it must be a goner - I've had it since 2016 but maybe that's a fair innings.

So I've ordered another one which should be here in a day or two and hopefully that'll sort me out.

Thanks for your help.

John 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the update @Johnmu, I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signal's beyond repair. At least your issue will be resolved when you get your new one 👍 If you need any help setting up you new Sure Signal, don't forget we're available here and through our social channels 24/7.

View more options