main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal v3

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I installed a Sure Signal 3 a few days ago, but it's not connecting. Red light flashing, next light orange. Can you force a re-sync please. Serial no 42163190848

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @fatboi 

May i ask who supplied the Sure Signal v3 ?

Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting Guide and Traceroute option. 

From the 1st of July 2019 the T&C's for Sure Signal have changed. A person purchasing a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has now changed from 2 years to 1 year.

The Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30th of April 2020 but Vodafone will replace a SS that is still under warranty as far as I'm aware. 

They currently have available units to do this 

They have gone this route because the Sure Signal is now seen as old technology as it uses 3G, however as many only still get 3G I personally do not see 3G as an older type of connection, but that's my personal opinion, and as such Vodafone have now moved towards a feature called 'Calling Over Wi-Fi' for eligible phone models and tariffs, but please note at the moment this feature does not support texting and there are no current plans as far as im aware to introduce texting.

The link to Calling over Wi-Fi is >

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Sure Signals may still be available by buying them privately from selling sites but please ensure the original owner has properly de registered the Sure Signal if buying a 2nd handmodel.

And if a Sure Signal has not been used for 3+ months it can be temporarily barred from the network. The original owner needs to un bar the Sure Signal. 

If not used for 12+ months then it's permanently barred and will not work again.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I bought it via Ebay. I successfully registered it on the Vodafone website, but it's not connecting.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @fatboi, if you've bought the Sure Signal via eBay, you may need to ask the original holder of the device to de-register it from their end before it can be fully set up under your name. 

To be able to look into it with you, please click here and pop a message to our Social Media team. They'll be able to identify who the Sure Signal is registered under and what we need to do next for you 😊

View more options