main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure Signal with 2 routers

2: Seeker

Hi

My wifi doesn't extend to the other end of my house to my bedroom so I've configured a second router. I disabled DHCP and gave it the same SSID and password. I have Ethernet ports in each room so my second router is now connected via Ethernet to the main wifi hub. This seems to work and I now have internet on my phone in the bedroom. So far so good. 

My suresignal is also plugged into the network. However it doesn't seem to work when on the second router. Either I have a signal, I can make a call, but I can't be heard or the signal drops completely. I have Internet connection at all times.

Should SureSignal work when configured this way?

thanks

View more options
7 REPLIES 7

@beath475 Hi - I'll be happy to check what may be causing this for you! What lights are you currently seeing on the Sure Signal?

View more options

Hi

It's a Sure Signal v4 and I have a constant red light with the 2 other icons constantly white. It is plugged directly into router No.1 and when my phone is connected via wifi to router No.1 the Sure Signal works perfectly and I can make/receive calls.

When I move to the bedroom my phone switches to router No.2 which provides me wifi with the same SSSID and same password. Router No. 2 is connected to Router No.1 via ethernet. When my phone is on Router No.2 I cannot get a phone signal.

thanks

View more options

Hi @beath475, as the 4th light on your Sure Signal isn't lit. We'll need to perform a reset and to try and force it to reconnect. You can do this by following these steps 👉

1. Unplug the VSS for 20 minutes
2. Plug the VSS back in. 
3. Wait until the VSS has reloaded and then hard reset all of the phones while in range of the Sure Signal.

If you're still unable to connect after doing this, let us know if your light sequence changes and what to. If you could also confirm your Sure Signal serial number (this is printed on the back of it), along with the IP addresses for both the routers and we'll take a closer look into this for you.

View more options

Hi

The 4th light is the In Use light and when I make a call it is lit. There is nothing wrong with my SureSignal when my phone is connected to the wifi provided by the main router. It is only when I move into the bedroom and my phone connects to the second router that I lose the signal (although i still have wifi).

At the moment I don't know if what I'm trying to do is technically feasible. Should I still be able to make calls when I am on the second router?

View more options

Okay @beath475, this may be the root of our problem. Our Sure Signals are designed to be paired with a single router. If you're using multiple routers, you will need to look into purchasing a second device to pair with the second router to extend your signal.

View more options

Ok, thanks for confirming. The problem is Vodafone have stopped selling them and also they had a habit of breaking after a couple of years (I'm on my third in 6 years). When you combine that with the fact that the wifi calling doesn't support text messaging then I'll be off to another network when my contract is up.

Thanks for the responses though.

View more options

I appreciate where you're coming from with this @beath475, and how frustrating this must be, especially after being on the 6th Sure Signal.  We would hate to see you leave over this, it may be worth looking into WiFi extenders so you can get full use of your WiFi around your house 😊

View more options