main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal box alcatel-lucent 3JR09113ABBC overheating and completely dead

2: Seeker

called vodaphone two days ago to report the ovetrheating and failure of its product. I spoke with Sammy in monthly rentals (that was the number supplied) who after contacting the Sure Signal team told me that Vodaphone are not prepared to do anything. I asked to be put through to the Sure Signal team so that I could get further information and a contact name.  Mosha in Ciaro answered the call. I went through the issues with Mosha explaining that the unit was completly failed and that we now have no mobile phone service. After an hour speaking on the telephone Mosha told me that his manager would be in touch the following day to hopefully provide a repalcement for the not fit for use sure signal. Well that was two days ago and we still havent heard anything. From what I have seen on this forum I will now report the issue to trading standards. The BBC watchdog program and to the CEO of Vodahone who in an email said that these failed units would be replaced. This is Vodaphone at its best again. I would imagine that the cost of the staffing involved to deal with such calls must be far in excess of the replacement value of the units. Very disapointed but not surprised after 20 years with this company. 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Administrator

@gelica Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread. We'll then be able to help out further with your query. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Twice now  over the past four days I have spoken with the 'Sure Signal team' in Cairo investing close to two hours of my and their time and resources. Both times,  firstly Mosha and secondly Oaa have promised to have a manager call to resolve this problem by replacing the defunct Sure Signal Altel V3 unit. Dispite assurances in an email from the CEO of this rubbish company that the boxes would be replaced, nothing happens. Maybe if I leave the unit plugged in and it catches fire I might get a better response. I have as suggested by this forum reported them to trading standards and the BBC watchdog program. Maybe its the small claims court next based on the sale of goods act 1979. 

View more options

@gelica - I’m sorry to hear the experience you’ve been having with getting it replaced. We can help from our side. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. 

View more options