main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal drops connection due to low upload speed?

4: Newbie

I've been using a sure signal perfectly OK for several years. 5 days ago however, with no changes to settings or hardware having been made, it suddenly lost the internet connection. It had the red light on and the 1st white light was flashing slowly, which means it's trying to connect. I reported this to Vodafone who said it could take up to 24 hours and it did in fact re-connect in 20 hours.

However, it soon dropped out again and since then it's gone through several cycles of connecting and dropping out and is now totally unreliable. Now here's what worries me - my broadband upload speed is about 1.1Mb/s and Vodafone are telling me it should be a minimum of 1.5 for the Suresignal to work properly and have refused to do anything about it because my speed is below that. However, in the years I've had a Suresignal I have never had an upload speed even close to 1.5Mb/s but haven't had a problem. Vodafone suggested I contact my ISP but that's totally impractical because my line is incapable of running a higher upload speed! Nevertheless my broadband speeds are the highest they've ever been so I can't understand why this should suddenly become an issue.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hello @rodmac1951 

May I ask which version of Sure Signal are you using ?

Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Hello BandofBrothers.

It's Version 3 but it doesn't matter now a it's failed completely - no power, no lights, nothing. However, having spent hours on the phone repeating the same thing over and over again, Vodafone's response is, I'm afraid, typical of their woeful customer service nowadays!

It's still under warranty but to exchange it Vodafone's approcah is to make the customer do all the work!  I have to take the old one to a store who will send it away for testing. I then have to go back to the store to either collect a new one or, if no fault was found, pick up the old one.  My local store is in a shopping mall in the centre of a busy city, which is almost impossible to park anywhere near this time of year. My own working arrangements make it difficult to get there during opening hours at any time of year and around Christmas it's near impossible. Even if I get there I'll be without a suresignal for a couple of weeks and without that we have no signal in the house at all.

I've been with Vodafone for well over 20 years but I've reached the end of my tether now and it's going to be goodbye Vodafone, hello another provider!

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Sorry to hear the device has fully failed @rodmac1951 

I was under the impression a person could either visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store or ask for a Returns Bag to be sent ?

Maybe ask specifically for the bag ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

It's disappointing to hear your Sure Signals stopped working @rodmac1951. If it's still within warranty, we'll be happy to get you another one sent out. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks to those that said a replacement could be mailed to me.

In all the phone calls I had I suggested that but was told each time it couldn't be done any more and the store method was now the only way to get a replacement. However, I've had it changed twice in the last 3 years and both times it was sent in the post, so I asked why not this time - answer each time as above!

View more options