main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal not working

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

Just returned back to the uk after 3 months and found my sure signal 3 is no longer working. It was working fine when I left the uk on 7/1/20 when it was still in warranty.

This was a replacement back in March 2018 as my first one died.  It was replaced at my local Vodafone store on the 15/3/2018.

This one Is completely dead with no lights, when looking through the forum here, it would appear that it is well known fact that these sure signals give up the ghost after 2 years and it was said on this forum to contact 191.

I did that and all she would say is it's out of warranty so basically tough, surely if there are known issues this is not right.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @debbiehutchings 

If a Sure Signal has not been used for 3 months+ it may need a bar lifting from it.

Customer services via 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can do this although I would have thought it would still light up.

There are some troubleshooting tips within 》Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting. 

Your correct that some time ago some Vodafone Sure Signals v3 were showing signs of failing but I think was was resolved. Some who had failures had there Sure Signal replaced due to the failure. For some this meant upgrading their contract.

From 1 July 19 the terms and conditions for Sure Signal changed. 

For any customer buying a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service moved from two years to one year.

If your out of this period then they will want to sell you another.

Sure Signals can be bought from the well known auction sites but a person need to be sure they have been properly de registered by the original owner to be able to use them.

If a person has Home Contents Insurance then this might be used to replace the unit however that really depends on an excess fee and that premiums may rise when renewing.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

Thanks for the response, considering the changes and the shorter warranty, I think it will be easier to change my provider in a few months, as obviously these small electronic  items burn them selves out due to constantly being connected and pulling power 24/7.

Time for a change I think.

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome for my reply @debbiehutchings 

When a person intimates their intention to move networks I always advise.... be sure to test out any new prospective network by using a Payg Sim card where they live, commute, frequent and work before signing up to any monthly contract. 

Don't make a decision based on Network checkers as they are for an indication only.

Ask family, friends and colleagues on that network how they feel about signal, data speeds and customer service.

People on Vodafone who have not so good signal can if they are on and eligible tariff try out Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi.  

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Stay safe.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options