main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal pulsing internet light

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Purchased sure signal last week.  It's shown on my Vodafone account as registered and active,  No is 42192417899.

It's been connected for 48 hours now and internet light is still slowly pulsing.  Orange network cable light pulses regularly and green cable light is steady.  Power light is steady.

Trace route result is shown below.

Router is a TP Link N600 and all necessary settings seem to be in order.  ISP (Boundless Networks - wide area wireless network in this remote rural area)  tells me that they know of no reason why the sure signal should not work.

Also, attempts to add users to the device via the website return the following error message - 500, 2004 (error ref 2h2).

Help would be much appreciated.

View more options

Attachments

8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for getting in touch @keeper66. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Sure Signal up and running. From the lights you've described, it sounds like you're not connecting to the internet correctly.

You mentioned Boundless, is this a (Radio) based wireless broadband network? Pop back to me and let me know as our Sure Signals don't work with satellite broadband. If not, I'll be happy to investigate further for you 👍

View more options

Hi TJ,

Many thanks for responding.

It's not a satellite based system, but is a 2ghz terrestrial wireless mesh relying on nodes communicating with a BT fibre backhaul to the BT exchange.  Should be no problem with up and down speeds (8 and 12 meg respectively).

My Vonage internet phone connected through the router works perfectly on this system.  I have no BT landline.

Hope this helps

View more options

Thanks for providing those details @keeper66. I'm not sure with the broadband set up you're using, our Sure Signal will be able to get a stable connection and work correctly. Your upload and download speeds are fine, as a minimum download speed of 1Mbps per second and upload speed of 1Mbps per second are needed. 

I'm certainly no expert and I've not come across a wireless mesh network query before, I think though that the Sure Signal needs constant data packets; that come from a wired internet connection in order to work. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. Do you have the option to use Wi-Fi Calling on the plan that you have? You can find more information on this here, it could possibly be an alternative option to help boost your call connectivity? 

View more options

Hi TJ,

Thanks again.

I have checked again with my ISP and their response is:

' ISP is fixed wireless broandband and essentially works the same as any other broadband connection.
Other customers have Sure Signal devices working on our network'.

Any I dea whom should I now contact at Vodafone to find out what seems to be stopping this Sure Signal of mine from working for so that my very helpful my ISP can investigate further?'

Very grateful for your help so far.

View more options

Hmmm, thanks for double checking @keeper66 🤔 What light sequence are you getting again, the light and the colour?  It can vary on what colour is showing and if it's solid or pulsing - let me know and I'll keeping digging 👍

View more options

Hi TJ,

That's very kind of you.  What I'm seeing is a slowly pulsing white internet light and steady red power light.  The LAN cable seems to be ok because I have a steady green light and a regularly flickering orange light adjacent to the LAN cable socket.

No other lights.

View more options

Thanks @keeper66 - from the lights you've described it definitely sounds like the Sure Signal's attempting to register across the internet connection. I've tried to re-synchronise this for you, this can take around six hours. After this time, please try restarting your phones in range of the Sure Signal and let me know if it connects; it's certainly worth a try 🤞

View more options

Many thanks TJ.  Fingers crossed.

View more options