Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Hi James

Please could you take a look at my second Sure Signal. I'm having issues connecting my number which was transferred from a a micro SIM to a nano SIM. 

Serial number: 21222176972

Many Thanks, Tim..

Hi James can you  do my ss there are 2 numbers the one that says serial number is 21229660739 plus another number above this 253264385if you could do this I would be gratefull as I have a poor signal at home without this and its hard to asses the phone not being able to use it as it should be,

thanks again

Malcolm

Please could you resume mine too. Got the new iPhone 5 today and it won't connect to my sure signal now. Sure signal serial number is 40123741296.
Thanks.

Please can someone reset my Suresignal, tried all teh advice and still no signal the serial number of SS is 21196915371.

Thanks

Hi, I've recently changed my SIM card and although (after some discussion with tech support) it now works on my own Sure Signal, it still isn't working on the Sure Signal in our office.  We've tried removing and re-adding my number to the unit and power-cycling the Sure Signal but it still doesn't recognise it, even 3 days after the SIM change.  Tech support have as yet been unable resolve it.

The serial number is 40112531302.  Please can you investigate/resync the unit as necessary?

Thanks

Al

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RIMorrisJr,

I’m pleased to see this is sorted now :Smiling:

rarro2, StephenWatkin, bullingstones and alanlait,

I’ve re-synced your Sure Signal units today. Please complete this process by performing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny

Took 10 minutes and now works perfectly, thank you

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

bullingstones and StephenWatkin - I'm glad this is all back up and running for you again now. Thanks for letting us know :smileyhappy:

mrsmurrell/mehdroid - I've performed a resync of your device so please just reset the device as above.  Let us know how you get on with this.  If this doesn't help after 24 hours please follow the steps I've posted below. 

alanlait- Could you please provide us with the following so that we can look into this further:

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Phil

Thanks Jenny, that appears to have worked without even having to power-cycle the unit.

Ste

Hello good people, very sorry to touble you all but, perhaps someone can help. Whole story too long and boring and i am very upset. Have been trying for two weeks after sim swap to get my mobile to re connect to the sure signal V3 that i purchased recently. Went into a vodafone shop this morning and got another sim fitted he assured me it would be fine. It was not. Went onto live chat after lenghty chat the nice guy phoned me at home via landline. After talking he said he would transfer to someone who woud sort it out. Waited on phone and the person who answered knew nothing of my situation plus could not deal with it. Transfered yet again, this time was told leave the phone on overnight and ity will connect. I said to the lady this is not going to fix it but, she would not budge. So i am seeking help fome the brains here for help. Sorry and thanking you in advance. Regards