Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Hi Andrew

Done that still nothing. Tried the transfer to wife bit of a problem in that both phones are on my account!

Siblings arent ever at home so to do the transfer option to them when you need to provide emails for them to accept conditions etc. is a bit of a hassle! Can I not deregister it and then reregister? Is that not easier? Why cant things just be simple?? It seems the better the gear we get the worse it functions! 🙂

Cheers

Ian

Hello again Andrew

I have now managed to deregister and reregister S/S - nothing still!

I have also transferred ownership to my son in law and had my phone added as a user - still nothing (even though i got a text saying I could use S/S. Yes, I did resync the S/S (twice - once after deregister and once after reregister)

Finally son in law deregistered and transferred back to me, I set it all back up with users etc did a resync, rebooted my phone and still nothing! I give up!!!

any ideas?

Regards

(a fed up) Ian

Dear Tech Team

What about you guys completely removing my S/S from your system and then me starting over as if from scratch? OR

What about sending me an exchange sure signal so I can start from scratch? - i don't even mind paying a supplement if it means I can get going again - just seems bizzare that  the 3GS ran flawlessly for a very long time and now S/S doesn't even recognise the 5!

My wifes phone (nokia) is up and running again but my iPhone 5 and son's sony is still not working (the two phones that have had new sim cards at different times!)

Sorry, I would have edited the two previous posts but could not see how?

Cheers anyone for a helpful solution in anticipation.

Ian

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi ian1261,

We would have to do the resync for you.  It's not possible for you to do one from your end I'm afraid.  I can see however that you have de-registered and then re-registered the device a couple of times in quick succession.  We do advise that you leave it 24 hours before re-registering to allow it to go through successfully. 

As you've done this since Andrew last did a resync I've processed this again for you.  Please now perform another factory reset of the device.  If this doesn't work and you want to try re-registering again, please wait 24 hours after you de-regsitered it. 

Let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply - sorry slip of the keys! - meant reset not resync!!

Yeah, I was getting a little bemused as to why this was not working, I didnt see mention before of leaving for 24 hours!

OK so I am now going to do a reset as per your suggestion and wait for 24 hours(just to be sure that doesnt work)

If it doesnt work then do I do the following??

Just to clarify step by step if you would please...............

1. I transfer ownership to son-in-law.

2. I deregister the suresignal (and unplug it?)

3. Wait 24 hours (and plug it back in?)

4. Son-in-law registers as owner (does he add me as user at this stage?)

5. Wait another 24 hours?

7. He then transfers ownership to me.

8. He then deregisters the suresignal(unplug and wait another 24 hours?)

9. I then re-register (after plugging in)

And it will hopefully work!!??

Sorry if it seems a step by step dummys guide for me but as you can see from previous posts I have tried all things as in the forum to no avail. Just want to be sure this is the EXACT way to do things to have any chance of success.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Ian

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ian1261,

Thanks for your post.

That procedure looks just about fine :Winking_smiley:

MarkHorton and Andy_R - I've forced the resync for you. Please factory reset the unit and let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi tech team

Could you re-sync mine as well please,new sim card is not working. Sure signal is working fine as girlfriends phone still connects but mine refuses to since new sim card.

serial: 21222196731

Thanks.

Luke

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Luke,

I’ve re-synced this for you today so please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks, 

Jenny

Hi 

Could you re-sync my s/s box please. serial number: 21230242402

cheers

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello rhyno,

That's been done for you. Please factory reset the VSS to complete the process.

Hi Andy_R,

Pleased to hear it :Smiling:

Thanks guys,

LeeH