Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Cheers all working now

Hi Tech Team

I have completed step one of the process that you guys signed off on so now the S/S is in my son in laws name with me as a named user. Still nothing! - Although the third light does come on and off a few times like it is trying to connect my phone (like it used on the old phone once or twice and then the phone would produce the 3G signal) then it gives up! So I figure it must be trying to do something I will leave a little longer and then put it back in my name and as said wait (again) and then fire it up and keep fingers crossed. Could you please shed any light as to why everyone else seems to work after you resync and I am having all this trouble? or why it is obviously trying to mate with my phone but cant? the S/S is fine as it works for the other phones when they are readded!?

Any ideas??

Ian

Hey guys

I think I may have solved it!!!

Just told my router to forget the connection to the S/S, rebooted router and restarted sure signal and voila phone connected!

Will just need to register it back to me now! I have noticed one thing though, the third light is constanly flashing slowly on and off now, even when phone is not in use, any idea why??

Cheers

Ian

OK - to anyone having problems still after the helpful suggestions and resyncing etc from the Tech team don't work (and most of the time it clearly does work!)

My solution, once I had maybe even un- neccessarily de registered and transfered and then re registered etc (see previous posts of mine) was to unplug the sure signal (power and internet) go into my router settings, delete the suresignal, plug back in, wait for it to do it's thing and it all started working properly again! (you may need to restart your phone). Maybe just an isolated problem but all the same if it helps anyone else then that is what these forums are all about!

Thanks Tech Team

All the best

Ian

Hi,

Same problem - after changing to new SIMs in 2 new iPhone 5, one phone connects fine (number ending 250). Other number ending 425 does not connect at all, even after deleting and re-adding the user.

Please re-sync if you think it will solve. VSS serial number 21229602624

Many thanks

Fruitcage

Hi ian1261, 

It's great to hear that you're all sorted, and thanks for posting back what worked for you in case other users can benefit from it :smileywink:

@ fruitcage, I've checked your serial number and it seems to be updating ok - are you still experiencing issues? 

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The problem remains, I'm afraid:

- after changing to new nano SIMs in 2 new iPhone 5, one phone connects fine (number ending 250). Other number ending 425 does not connect at all (shows "No Service"), even after deleting and re-adding the user. 3G is enabled. I have checked the troubleshooting threads and see nothing relevant.

Please re-sync if you think it will solve. VSS serial number 21229602624. Or any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Fruitcage

Hi fruitcage

Thanks for your reply. I've forced a resync as requested. To complete the process a factory reset will be required:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

If this doesn't sort the issue then my next suggestion would be to completely de-register the Sure Signal device, wait 24 hours and then re-register it with a different owner. Finally, try the Sure Signal on an alternative connection to see if you're still experiencing the issue and come back to us if you're still having difficulty.

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

The re-sync plus factory reset seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks

Fruitcage

Hi, could you kindly resync for suresignel S/N 21197052331

Thanks!