Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your post! Don’t’ worry, I’m sure we’ll get this sorted quickly :Smiling:

I’ve checked your serial number and your Sure Signal last updated in the early hours of this morning.

I’ve resynced this for you today so please complete this process by performing a factory reset.

Once the above has been completed, please put your phone into airplane mode and then back again and you should find that your phone connects.

Cheers,

Jenny 

I'm experiencing this issue with my vss serial 40121413856. Please resync. Thanks.

I forgot to mention I have already tried a reset.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ReVin,

Thanks for posting. Looking at your Serial, it seems your device updated last night just before midnight. I've performed a manual synchronisation for you so you'll just need to reset the unit to complete. If this doesn't work though, could you please use this troubleshooting guide and post back the template report. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben 

Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure if this is the right template but here we go:

Troubleshooting steps:

Confirm that the handset you are trying to get a signal on is a 3G device. - Its an iPhone 4S

Confirm that the number you are using has been added to your Sure Signal. - My number is not showing up as being added to my VSS, however, when I do try to add the number it tells me that it has already been added.

Test your SIM in another 3G handset. - I am unable to do this as I do not have any friends / family that have access to a vodafone phone that takes a micro sim, however, I have been to work today and received a full 3G signal all day without the need for VSS.

Has Your SIM recently been replaced? - Yes last night, over 24 hours ago. I have performed a reset of the VSS two times now with no joy. (one just recently after it was resynced) I have also de-registered the VSS and registered it again with no joy. Prior to the sim change the VSS was working perfectly.

Speedtest showing 57ms ping, 7.4mbps download and 0.66 upload.

Tracert:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    37 ms    39 ms    41 ms  ip-89-200-131-111.ov.easynet.net [89.200.131.11
]
  4    32 ms    39 ms    39 ms  ip-84-38-37-142.easynet.co.uk [84.38.37.142]
  5    33 ms    33 ms    33 ms  bu4.gr10.telon.uk.easynet.net [89.200.135.145]
  6   206 ms    47 ms    46 ms  AMDGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.69.145.123]
  7   193 ms    47 ms    59 ms  188.111.129.25
  8    63 ms    62 ms    62 ms  85.205.116.14
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

VSS is still not working, lights indicate that it should be working.

within seconds of submitting my post i restarted my phone, everything seems to be working now :smileyfrustrated:. Thanks for the help.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ReVin

That's less work for me then :Smiling: Thanks for letting us know.

Sukhi

Hi,

My boyfriend has just had his SIM changed to a micro SIM and can no longer get any signal through SS box. I have tried the factory reset but this has not worked.

The S/N is 21228593493 so if there is anything you could do to force a re-sync of some kind, that would be great.

Kelly

Hi Kelly, 

I've just resynched your Sure Signal for you and I've noticed that a location move alert has been triggered - are you using the Sure Signal at a different location, or have you changed your router?

Can you log in online and update the postcode - if it's still the same change it to a different one for about 10 minutes then change it back - reset your unit after this and let me know how you get on.

@Mr MoJo and xConorZz -  I've resynched these for you now - give your Sure Signal units a reset and you should be fine.

Paul 

Hi,

The location has not changed, and the router has not changed recently (a few months back it was). Have not changed anything this end since my post, so whatever you did must have worked, as it's all good now!

Thank you

Afternoon,

Could I trouble one of the Voda techies to re-sync VSS Serial Number: 40121342865?

Cheers,

Mo