Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Hi please could you reset my sure signal number 40110559941 . My girlfriend has changed from iphone 4 to iphone 5 but cannot link to the box.
I have tried taking her number off and putting back on, resetting box etc.
At the moment she has a new phone age can't use.
Thanks if you can help.
Jamie

I have just bumped into this same problem, (after changing from a standard SIM to a micro SIM on a Galaxy S3), and as I am the Sure Signal owner I could not deregister myself.

However, if you deregister the whole device from your account and then reregister it with the same address and phone number details it will resolve the problem, (without the need for a reset), and you will be up and running in about 5 minutes.

Thanks to everyone here who has highlighted the issue and to the techies who have been helping.   What would be really nice though is if staff in the shops were aware of this problem and warned customers about it when they pick up phones with new style SIMs and if the telephone support staff in Egypt were aware of it.  That way I would not have wasted a couple of hours on the problem last night.

Thanks bob Evans that worked a treat.

Unfortunately Bobs method hasn't worked for me 😞

I've had to phone Vodafone up on 191 & yet again the systems are down!

Seems I'm without signal for another week then, remind me again Vodafone, what do I get for my money again??

<brassed off>

Hmm, that's a shame.

It worked for me as above but it's probably worth doing the obvious and reseting the Sure Signal, reboot the phone (battery pull), and try leaving the Sure Signal unregistered for, say, 30 minutes, (assuming that you haven't done these anyway.

I was told on the phone both last night and this morning that the Sure Signal Application is down at the moment so they don't have accesss to it themselves but once this is back up they should be able to go through the process on demand.   This shouldn't stop it working if you do it yourself as I did this morning.   (Sorry, I know that's no comfort to you).

Hi Bob,

I've have "hard reset" the device soon after coming off the phone with Voda, hopefully when she comes back online I maybe back in the 21st Century and have signal again. Thanks for your help, it should hopefully get more people up-and-running much quicker than Vodafone can manage. The Sure Signal program has been down since at least Sunday when I first ran into this problem.

Hi simonjcruse

Firstly, thanks to bobevens for helping out here. His suggestion usually works as a fix. 

If you're still having problems then let us know. The Sure Signal system is up and running for us so if you still can't de-register the number and then re-register it using the Sure Signal dashboard online, contact us via the details I've sent in a PM and we'll be able to help.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

NathanWynne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Could someone please resync my box, have posted my own topic but seems this one is getting all the replies.  Have tried everything esle so far to no avail:

My serial number is: 21196951988

Ignore the last request, have resolved it be de-registering and then re-registering the entire box.

What a pitiful service it is when near on no one at Vodafone can assist in resolving a problem which is clearly occurring on their systems.  Be that the help desk informing me that they systems are down and to call back in 72 hours or no support person replying on here.

If it wasn't for the fact that Vodafone are the only company that offers any sort of femtocell service, I think I would have probably gone else where by now - maybe Vodafone could sack the staff that should be doing stuff and use the money to pay a little more UK tax, since clearly they are customers are being left to resolve things themselves.

I have done the same.... Very simple! So ignore my request too!