Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

What Nick said, the above works a treat.

timmorris
Please re-sync the following:

Tim

Can you resync mine too, please? The serial number is 40123635092. I thought I'd sorted it out by deregistering and reregistering my Sure Signal, but only my phone works with it now! The other numbers are not picking up the signal, although I relisted them.

Good Morning timmorris, ChesireCat and SCSearle, 

To make sure everything is as up-to-date as possible, I've just resynced your devices for you so, to make sure the resync completes, can you all perform a factory reset:-

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
Once all lights display release the reset button.
The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Thanks, 

Kay

SCSearle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi

I'm having the same problem with a new iPhone 5, serial number is 40110556046

Thanks,

Shona

timmorris
It took about 6 hours to reconnect but I didn't need to perform a factory reset. It all appears to be back to normal now. Thanks.

Tim.

Can one of you lovely tech team people reset my sure signal.  I've upgraded to a nano sim yesterday, tried to re-set the box a couple of times, but it's still not picking up my phone.

Sure signal box number is 40113703421

thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chimp-Face,

Thanks for posting. The fastest way to do this in future is to de-register the Sure Signal and then set it up as fresh. Looking at many of the SIM swap posts on the eForum shows this is a tried and tested method that many have confirmed success with. :Winking_smiley:

I've pushed a manual resynchronisation through for you. To complete this action, can you perform a manual reset for me?

* Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
* Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
* Once the lights come back on, release the button.
* The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If you don't see a connection after an hour, please follow this guide and post the requested details on the page you get directed to. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks for the suggestions Ben, in the end I had to de-register the Sure Signal and then set it up as fresh to get it to work again.

ta

Hi,

I've just recieved my new phone with micro-sim (which I have registered).  I guess the registration works as my old SIM no longer works.  However, my VSS doesn't seem to be playing ball and I have no signal at the moment.  I've tried de-registering and registering my VSS, but with no luck.

I also reset it as per the instructions for my version of VSS, but this hasn't helped.  Can you please resync for me?  Serial no is:  21223121290

Many thanks,

Ben