main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

Administrator

@IanM123 A resync of your device won't help in this situation. 

As you've changed your SIM card, you'll need to remove and re-add the phone number on the device - make sure to leave a 24 hour period between this.

If you need help removing and adding the number, please pop a message to our Live Chat team. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

View more options
2: Seeker

I've not been able to remove my number as I am the owner (seems a common issue with other users).  The instructions I've seen on line to overcome this aren't very clear.  

An additional problem has now developed on my device where it doesn't seem to be getting connected to Broadband - the lights keep going through their startup sequence and then cycling back to the beginning again.  I've restarted the router (BT Hub6) and the SureSignal but no improvement.  I'm thinking it's maybe an IP address issue?

View more options

@IanM123 I understand how frustrating that must be, please try de-registering the device and then re-registering.

De-registering your Sure Signal stops it working and removes everyone who uses it.

1. Log into My Vodafone and select your number. Click on Manage services, then click on Sure Signal and choose the device you want to deregister. Then select Deregister Sure Signal
  2. Unplug your Sure Signal

You can then re-register it again, for further instruction how to do this, please see here 

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

View more options

I've de-registered and re-registered and swiched my SureSignal device off for two weeks but it's still no longer able to connect to the network (keeps going through the lights startup sequence) so I can't test to see if signal output is working again.  Anything else I can try?

View more options

@IanM123 - I can see your Sure Signal has now made contact with the network at 3.18am today.

I hope that it’s working for you now. If it isn’t, please post back the below template with your answers:

The issue you’re experiencing:

What light sequence you're seeing:

Your speed test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.
VSS Traceroute command
On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

View more options

Hello Gemma,  My SureSignal is still not connecting unfortunately.

The light sequence is as follows:

Solid top light for a couple of minutes, followed by solid top light and flashing second light for another two or three minutes.  Then both top and second lights go solid and the fourth light starts flashing for a minute or so. The fourth light never goes solid. Then the 2nd and fourth lights go out, leaving the top light solid for about 30 seconds before all 4 lights illuminate one at a time and the above sequence starts all over again.

My speed test results are:

Ping: 16ms

Download: 29.10 Mbps

Upload 18.31 Mbps

My IP address from the link you provided is:

2a00:23c5:b6b8:7d00:bdcd:7694:41:3aba

My external address according to my router is 217.43.233.192

Here’s the result of the Trace Route:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  bthub [192.168.1.254]

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3     *       17 ms    16 ms  31.55.185.181

4    17 ms    16 ms    16 ms  31.55.185.180

5    16 ms    16 ms    17 ms  core1-hu0-6-0-6.colindale.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.192.0]

6    18 ms    17 ms    17 ms  peer6-hu0-6-0-2.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [62.172.103.13]

7    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  t2c3-et-3-3-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.238]

8    18 ms    17 ms    18 ms  166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

To me it looks like I'm not connecting to your server but I can't see why.  Can you shed any light?

View more options

@IanM123 - Thanks for coming back to us with that information.

The first light sequence you’re getting, indicates your Sure Signal is attempting to register across the internet connection.

Please test your Sure Signal at a different location (using a different internet provider).This will rule out a faulty device.

If it works ok there although not at your address still, please get back to us with the exact coloured lights your getting and if they're stable or flashing.

View more options

I've tried the device at my son's address using a different ISP and unfortunately had the same results, i.e. the same light sequence constantly repeating.  I'm guessing that my SureSignal has therefore failed.

View more options

@IanM123 Thanks for coming back to us Ian 

It sounds like you need a new Vodafone Sure signal device. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so you can arrange this.

View more options