Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Hi I recently dug my Sure signal out to use again, it has been plugged in since Thursday but I am not picking up a signal. Since it was last used I have a new sim. Please can you resync it for me 21230809630 Many Thanks Janine

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KPG and shimmie,

I’ve just resynced your devices so, to complete the process, could you perform a factory reset for me:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Thanks

Andrew

All done. Working fine now.

Many thanks.

Thank you, back up and running now.

Hi Techteam

I upgraded several weeks ago to a micro sim and since then I can no longer get signal through my sure signal device.

My serial number is 40112831017

Please can you re-sync

Cheers

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pjenko,

When a SIM change is performed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal system to recognise the change, however 2 weeks isn’t right!

Firstly, I’ve re-synced your device so please perform a factory reset in order to complete this process:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

If this doesn’t resolve and the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number in order to remove/re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking Change Owner on the Sure Signal Dashboard. The new owner will then need to login to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi there Tech Team

I too have had the same problem, first with my son's change of sim about 3 months ago, phoned 191 and they said they sorted it, told me to do reset etc, but to no avail - son is still not connecting - but fortunately he is not too bothered so I have not pursued it!

I have just got iPhone 5 from 3GS(which has been fine for a long time now) and nothing!

Called 191 as I am main number and they said they had done something and for me to reset - which I did - nothing!(2 days ago now), reset again last night (just in case) still nothing! People on here seem to be getting results by you guys resyncing (I just wonder if that is what the 191 team are doing or not?) - just seems that it didn't work for my son and now me going the 191 route maybe my hope may lie with whatever you helpful folk do? 🙂

S/S no. is 21196874990

Here's hoping!!

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ian

P.S. You mention changing ownership of the number if resyncing didn't work, would I need to get son or wife to set up account (wifes phone is on my vf account and son doesnt remember his details!)

Hi Andrew (or other Tech Team members)

I have posted a problem in the Sure signal stopped working after sim change but not heard anything for a while, not sure how often you guys reply to queries but would you mind having a little look at mine and see what you are able to do. Much appreciated, Ian :smileyhappy:

Hi guys

Just got an email saying Lee replied to my post - I must be doing something wrong because I cant find it.

Can anyone address my original post please. Cheers

Ian

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ian1261,

Thanks for your post, I’ve just forced a resync for you now. With regard to your other question about changing ownership of the Sure Signal, it’d mean you accessing the management console in My Account and choosing another number you’ve got registered on the device and making that the owner (e.g. your wife’s phone). It doesn’t involve setting up another separate online account

To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew