main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

2: Seeker

Hi,

The location has not changed, and the router has not changed recently (a few months back it was). Have not changed anything this end since my post, so whatever you did must have worked, as it's all good now!

Thank you

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bjrooney, koontx, RIMorrisJr and jamfortea,  

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Hi KellyMelly-21,

Thanks for the update, it’s great to hear your able to fully utilize your Sure Signal again.

Thanks

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

View more options

Looks like I am back in business.

Thank you.

Richard

View more options

Hi Andrew,

Had an upgrade today which requires a nano sim, now it does not work with my sure signal hub. I have read previous messages where you require just the serial number of sure signal hub to re-sync it. Mine is: 40122444264

Hope you can sort it for me.

Thanks Roy

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi, I upgraded to a Nexus 4 which required a new (Micro) Sim, and my phone is no longer working on my Sure Signal. Can you please do your thing?

My Sure Signal's serial number is: 40120927385

Cheers.

View more options

Please can someone reset my Suresignal, tried all teh advice and still no signal the serial number of SS is 21196915371.

Thanks

View more options

Hi, I've recently changed my SIM card and although (after some discussion with tech support) it now works on my own Sure Signal, it still isn't working on the Sure Signal in our office.  We've tried removing and re-adding my number to the unit and power-cycling the Sure Signal but it still doesn't recognise it, even 3 days after the SIM change.  Tech support have as yet been unable resolve it.

The serial number is 40112531302.  Please can you investigate/resync the unit as necessary?

Thanks

Al

View more options

Hi RIMorrisJr,

I’m pleased to see this is sorted now

rarro2, StephenWatkin, bullingstones and alanlait,

I’ve re-synced your Sure Signal units today. Please complete this process by performing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny

View more options
Took 10 minutes and now works perfectly, thank you
View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks Jenny, that appears to have worked without even having to power-cycle the unit.

Ste

View more options
Hi Tech Team, I've just got an iPhone 5 and see from the various posts that changes can affect sure signal, which has happened to me. Have tried to edit user etc, etc but with no luck. My serial number is 21231988086 and hope that you can work your magic to fix the problem! Thanks
View more options

Hi Jenny, unfortunately that hasn't resolved the problem - I can still attach successfully to my own SureSignal but not the one in our office (40112531302).  I've checked in my Vodafone account that my number is registered on both SureSignals (which it is) and we've performed a factory reset on the SureSignal here (as per your instructions).

My original SIM worked fine on both units.  It took a resync of my own unit to get it to work but that's not worked on this one.  What's the next step?  Is there anything you can check or any more information you need from me to help diagnose the problem?

View more options

Hi ,

Same problem here. After getting the iphone 5 for my second number can't connect to singal sure anymore. The serial number is 21230516375 . Please re-sync or advise. I tried all the reset things.

Cheers,

Mehdriod

View more options
Administrator

bullingstones and StephenWatkin - I'm glad this is all back up and running for you again now. Thanks for letting us know :smileyhappy:

mrsmurrell/mehdroid - I've performed a resync of your device so please just reset the device as above.  Let us know how you get on with this.  If this doesn't help after 24 hours please follow the steps I've posted below. 

alanlait- Could you please provide us with the following so that we can look into this further:

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Phil

View more options

Thanks alot Phil. I just got coneected.

View more options

Hi iv been away visiting family while i was away i had a sim update done ( normal sim ) since iv been back i cant get a signal with my sure signal it worked fine with the last sim i used? serial no is 21230673762 hope you can help.

many thanks

View more options

Hi Phil, just to let you know that I've sorted this, having spoken to Vodafone 2nd line support this morning - they issued another resync and at the same time we powered off and reset the Sure Signal.

This time it came back up within an hour and the SIM now registers to it.  Oddly they couldn't see any evidence of the previous resync attempt.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

View more options

Please can someone reset my Suresignal, signal the serial number of SS is 40110558315.

Thanks

View more options
Hi Phil, all seems to be working fine now. One very happy customer here! Thank you
View more options

Same problem as others - new SIM card yesterday but kept same number for new handset - now Sure Signal not seeing my phone but still sees otehr Vodafone phones in the house.

S/N is 40121346130

Thanks

View more options