Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v3 - 4th light no longer comes on when using phone

sbadams
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our v3 box has worked fine (most of the time) for about 18 months. Recently we have been unable to get signal on our phones, and I see that the 4th light on the sure signal no longer comes on. I contacted Vodafone via live chat and followed their instructions, unplugged the sure signal for half an hour, then reconnected it and restarted our phones. Still no joy. What can we do next?

we need to do something as absolutely no Vodafone signal here, so phones are unusable at home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have now solved this issue another way, posting here for others who may come across this problem.

this problem arises because the phone can't talk to the SS. From research on Google I found that they communicate via 3G. I checked the settings on my phone under mobile networks/network mode and changed my setting to 3G only. Bingo, full signal. Same for my husbands phone. I assume that recent phone software updates changed the settings maybe?

can I suggest that the troubleshooting guide is amended to include this very easy fix? If I'd known this I could have sorted it a week ago. I hope others find this useful.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

There maybe something in this troubleshooting guide. 

One option is the Issue Not Listed where you can run a traceroute and post your results back here. If required the team maybe able to resync the SS if necessary. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/239175...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Here is the information requested:

The issue you’re experiencing: Registered phones do not connect

What light sequence you're seeing: Lights 1 2 and 3 solid, light 4 never comes on

Your speed test results

Ping 32 ms Download 70.73 mbps upload 12.37 mbps

Your external IP address 82.30.245.66

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42150949024

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    66 ms     2 ms     1 ms  routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1]

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3    11 ms    12 ms    12 ms  sotn-core-2a-xe-1130-0.network.virginmedia.net

86.22.184.89]

4     *        *        *     Request timed out.

5     *        *        *     Request timed out.

6    17 ms    15 ms    20 ms  brnt-ic-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.25

42.198]

7    19 ms    17 ms    16 ms  m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.1

]

8    40 ms    18 ms    17 ms  213.46.174.130

9    15 ms    18 ms    32 ms  ae32-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.24.126]

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sbadams I've resynced your Sure Signal to help refresh your device on our server. 

Please allow 6 hours to pass before your Sure Signal obtains a connection and starts working. 

Let us know if this helps resolve the issue.

This hasn't made any difference. We have again restarted the Sure Signal and phones, but nothing has changed. What else can we do? Our phones currently are unusable here at home.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sbadams Everything appears to be set up correctly from our end, with your Sure Signal showing that it last made contact with our server on 29 January 2017. 

If you're still having issues, please temporarily de-register your Sure Signal via your My Vodafone account for 24 hours, then register it again. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ok we will try that. 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sbadams Please keep us updated. 

We'll offer further help if needed. 

We have now reregistered the sure signal and added the users. The lights on the box are 1 2 and 3, all solid. But light 4 does not come on, and we still have no signal.

the sure signal shows as Active on our account, and we have had text messages to say that we can now use it. Our phones just no longer have any connection to the sure signal.

please help!

I have now solved this issue another way, posting here for others who may come across this problem.

this problem arises because the phone can't talk to the SS. From research on Google I found that they communicate via 3G. I checked the settings on my phone under mobile networks/network mode and changed my setting to 3G only. Bingo, full signal. Same for my husbands phone. I assume that recent phone software updates changed the settings maybe?

can I suggest that the troubleshooting guide is amended to include this very easy fix? If I'd known this I could have sorted it a week ago. I hope others find this useful.