Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v3 - 4th light no longer comes on when using phone

sbadams
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our v3 box has worked fine (most of the time) for about 18 months. Recently we have been unable to get signal on our phones, and I see that the 4th light on the sure signal no longer comes on. I contacted Vodafone via live chat and followed their instructions, unplugged the sure signal for half an hour, then reconnected it and restarted our phones. Still no joy. What can we do next?

we need to do something as absolutely no Vodafone signal here, so phones are unusable at home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have now solved this issue another way, posting here for others who may come across this problem.

this problem arises because the phone can't talk to the SS. From research on Google I found that they communicate via 3G. I checked the settings on my phone under mobile networks/network mode and changed my setting to 3G only. Bingo, full signal. Same for my husbands phone. I assume that recent phone software updates changed the settings maybe?

can I suggest that the troubleshooting guide is amended to include this very easy fix? If I'd known this I could have sorted it a week ago. I hope others find this useful.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sbadams Thank you for updating us about this. That's great to hear! :Smiling: 

Thanks for letting us know about this, I'll feed it back and we'll see what we can do about updating our guides to include this information.