main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal

Highlighted
2: Seeker

VSS not working. No lights at all even power light. After two online chats deregistered and reregistered and reset and doing something their end still not working at all. They say it is all working their end??? They’ve said they no longer sell as it’s 3 months out of warranty unable to offer a remedy. I am on a monthly contract surely they have a responsibility to ensure a decent signal. Can someone please help. I’ve been with them for years and very disappointed by the apparent lack of help in solving this problem. Thanks 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

If a version 3 Sure Signal has no lights then there's a good chance something has failed inside.

If not already please unplug it.

From the 1st of July 2019 the T&C's for Sure Signal have changed. A person purchasing a Sure Signal from this date onwards, the warranty on the device and the guarantee of service has now changed from 2 years to 1 year.

The Sure Signal will no longer be available for purchase from 30th of April 2020 but Vodafone will replace a SS that is still under warranty as far as I'm aware. 

They currently have available units to do this 

They have gone this route because the Sure Signal is now seen as old technology as it uses 3G, however as many only still get 3G I personally do not see 3G as an older type of connection, but that's my personal opinion, and as such Vodafone have now moved towards a feature called 'Calling Over Wi-Fi' for eligible phone models and tariffs, but please note at the moment this feature does not support texting and there are no current plans as far as im aware to introduce texting.

The link to Calling over Wi-Fi is >

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/calling-features/wi-fi-calling

Sure Signals may still be available by buying them privately from selling sites but please ensure the original owner has properly de registered the Sure Signal if buying a 2nd handmodel. And if a Sure Signal has not been used for 3+ months it can be temporarily barred from the network. The original owner needs to un bar the Sure Signal. 

If not used for 12+ months then it's permanently barred and will not work again.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you Band of Brothers. Unfortunately my SS is out of warranty date. I know I can use WiFi but am still unable to send texts and since they’ve fiddled with settings WiFi calls are not as good. I’m not happy! Don’t think customer service is high on their priority list!!

View more options
Highlighted

@Djj Let's help with turning this around for you! Do things improve with your WiFi Calling when switching your phone to Airplane Mode? This will force your phone to no longer attempt to connect to the network and instead to solely use your Wi-Fi connection.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Tash doesn’t seem to make much difference depending on time of day 

View more options