main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

SureSignal Deregistration help!

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi,

Could really do with some advice on how to get my sure signal v3 deregistered so that someone else can use it.

I purchased a sure signal myself, and used it when I worked from home with the phone provided to me by my workplace, because the signal wasnt great.

I have since moved house and no longer need to use it, but want to give it to someone who can.

I have tried to deregister over the phone, but they say they cant because it isnt my name on the mobile account (I work for a very large company, so I imagine it would be the procurement team or whoever purchased the phones!). The contact centre told me to go into the store as they could do it, but the store said only the contact centre can (can you see my problem!).

Basically I just want to deregister the Sure Signal, it belongs to me and not my company (whose name would be on the mobile phone account).

Can anyone help at all? The whole situation is driving me up the wall!

Thanks

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Highstreet Stores are in place to deal with new contracts and selling phones and accessories and not for account based assistance so asking you to go there was poor advice @kaylidena

Usually a person deregisters using their myvodafone as per the advice and instructions in > How-do-I-de-register-my-Sure-Signal.

I appreciate your conundrum as you own the Sure Signal but the Vodafone account is in the companies name.

ou may need to speak to your IT Department. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here might be able to further officially advise once they've caught up with your thread.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks, its even harder because the phone number (that used to be vodafone) was transferred to a different network! I've been told three times by the call centre to go into the store now to deregister it, and the store told me to call the contact centre! It's just a bit ridiculous

View more options

Hi @kaylidena

The only way you are going to be able to get the device deregistered is by requesting the help of the company you work for, the devise is registered to the company account and it will need to be deregistered from there.  If the account has been closed, Vodafone can still locate the account.  

Understandably this is going to present difficulties  but there really is no other way, Vodafone have to follow all the data protection regulations.

View more options

That would seem odd, as I didnt have to go through my company to register it in the first place, and the actual sure signal device belongs to me, not them. Also, the phone number is no longer with vodafone....It's a messy problem

View more options

@kaylidena wrote:

Thanks, its even harder because the phone number (that used to be vodafone) was transferred to a different network! I've been told three times by the call centre to go into the store now to deregister it, and the store told me to call the contact centre! It's just a bit ridiculous

I totally understand your side of this but Vodafone will only be able to help via how I mentioned. 

As its a unique situation as I also mentioned please let the Vodafone Social Media Team officially clarify _ even tho it's how I have said I think it will stand @kaylidena

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @kaylidena

When you had the number with Vodafone on your company account, you would probably have had access to the business account.  However, when the number ported over to an alternative network that account would have been closed.

The account is still in the name of the company and although a large company with many employees there must be a communication department where you can ask for help.  If this is not possible, you will never get the device deregistered, if Vodafone deregistered the device on your request they would be in severe breech of data protection. 

View more options

Hi @kaylidena we would need to bring you away from the public feed and look further into your Sure Signal query. So we can get your information, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options