Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal V3 Dead No Lights

damiant
2: Seeker

Hello,

My VSS3 has been working since September 2015, without problems.

But when we got up this morning there were no lights on it and the mobile phones don't work (Zero SIgnal without it)

I've tried the VSS3 in different sockets - still no lights.  (Other things work in the original socket.)

Help

Can anyone assist
Please tell me its ot dead as its not a cheap bit of kit really
Damiant

by "no lights" I mean none at all - not even the red power light.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @damiant

First please unplug it now. 

Second ring customer service on 191 and explain whats happened. A Sure Signal cones with a 24 month manufacturing warranty but they'll still help even if its past that as some v3 units have suffered issues. 

Some useful information in > Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My suresignal has stopped working with the same symptons. It has always worried me how hot it has operated at and periodcillay used to stop working and needed to be allowed to cool down and be reset. I have just spoken to Vodafone who told me it's out of warranty and they are not interested. I then rang the Citizens advice who told me that under the Limitations Act it should work for at least six years and so they are duty bound to replce or fix it. I will go back to Vodafone and see what they say.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@damiant and @2384 - We can take a look at both of your Sure Signal accounts.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. ☺️

I called 191 again and advised them what the Citizens Advice had told me. They then agreed to send me a replacement so it seems as though they are aware of a known fault and if you push them they will replace.

damiant

Vodafone are not playing ball has anyone got an email address so i can speak to someone senior about this 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2384 - I’m glad to see a new Sure Signal has been ordered for you now. ☺️

@damiant - I’ve found the email chain you’ve had with us and I’ve requested someone from the team to contact you by the end of today. I’m sorry to hear it’s still ongoing.

Why not wtite to Vodafone's CEO and let him know how abysmal this product and service has been.

You can Google  "Vodafone CEO email address" and write him a stern but non offensive complaint.

More details can be found here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

Please read page one in respect to Vodafone agreement to replace failed devices.

I trust that these failures have also been reported to Trading Standards?

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)