main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

SureSignal V3 - Intermittent connection issues

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi

The issue you’re experiencing:

I seem to have very intermitent conection over the last year on my phone (Samsung galaxy S5), some days i receive a full signal indicated i have sync'd up to the sure signal, other days 1 bar indicating no connection. My wife's phone (iPhone 5S) has never made a connection dispite following the trouble shooting, making her the registered owner of the sure signal (now back to me). Other people i have registered are not connecting when they visit. Something is clearly not right. This issues are despite the sure signal lights being rock solid always

What light sequence you're seeing: Steady Power light. 2 Solid White lights (icons)

Your speed test results from here. Ping 4: Download 36.60mps Upload 1.89mps

Your external IP address from here. 51.9.162.193

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40134921556 (sure signal v3)

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms 172.17.6.13
5 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 172.17.11.70
6 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms be2.psb-ir01.plus.net [195.166.129.180]
7 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 195.99.125.134
8 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms peer6-hu0-11-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.13]
9 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms t2c3-et-3-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.236]
10 11 ms 11 ms 13 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk

I've checked your Sure Signal on our system and it last connected with them 15 June at 21.56.

The address section of your details didn't appear to have syncronised correctly so I've updated this through and resyncronised the Sure Signal from our end.

Please complete this by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk

I've checked your Sure Signal on our system and it last connected with them 15 June at 21.56.

The address section of your details didn't appear to have syncronised correctly so I've updated this through and resyncronised the Sure Signal from our end.

Please complete this by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

View more options
4: Newbie
Thank you, this appears to have worked as my wife's iphone has connected and receiving a full signal for the first time ever

Thanks again.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk

Thanks for letting us know your Sure Signal is up and running  

If you need anything else, please get back to us.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have 2 Suresignals set-up at home, one in the house and one in an outbuilding used as an office. For many months everything has worked perfectly but recently we have started having some issues - 

In the house we are now finding that we often have to restart our iphones to pick up a signal, previously this was never an issues and the signal would jsut be picked up automatically. When moving between the 2 suresignals the phones used to drop one ans pick up th eother when moving betwen the two areas without an issue, and this now isn't the casse and the signal is now lost until the phone is restarted.

The 2nd issue that I'm experiencing in the outbuilding is that the Suresignal which used to work absolutely fine, now supplies a very broken call quality that is not really usable, it seems to be significantly reducing the bandwidth for some reason.

The outbuilding is on a separate fuse box to the main house but I've always managed to get a good broadband connection from our main router in the house by using powerlink adaptors. This worked very well previously but suddenly for no apparent reason I'm experiencing problems.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions for how I might be able to solve the issue.

Many thanks,

Matt

View more options

@Matt_the_cat200 It's unusual to hear about the recent problems you're having with your Sure Signal. Please take a look at our Sure Signal troubleshooting thread - it may help with the issues you're having.

If you need us to look into this further, please post your results from the section 'Issue not listed?' on this thread and we'll take a closer look 😊

View more options