main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

@d8raider - I understand since this post, we’ve now been in touch via email again. Thanks for replying to it. We’ll be back with you as soon as we can. ☺️

View more options
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone, 

My Sure Signal has suffered the same fate.

Can you please contact me to arrange a replacement?

Thanks

Alex

View more options

Hi There, 

Friday afternoon, loud bang, and the whole house electrics went off, right in the middle of an important piece of work. Smell of burnt plastic. Traced this immediately back to the Sure Signal. This is the second such device to have failed in this way an is very concerning. This device always runs hot, but this is so dangerous. This device was connected to an IT grade surge protected power lead, with full RCD cover on the fuse box. It still blew up. Please contact me to arrange a replacement, as this would now be the third such device to have to pay for. 

Thanks

Liane Low

View more options

and this is the result upon inspection, scattered components within the casing and completely burnt out. How this has not caused serious fires for other customers is beyond belief. 

Hi I have also had a similar experience today, on investigation as to why all My downstairs sockets weren’t working I find that the sure signal has no lights and is dead. It must be fate that I had an email yesterday from Vodafone asking if I still wanted to register my sure signal I assume it’s been dead for a while and finally blew being left plugged in. I’m going to take it apart today and check inside then send photos to trading standards . Hopefully Vodafone will rectify this product soon, it’s very dangerous.
View more options

I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem with your Sure Signals @amatkins@LianeLow and @phil57.As we'll need access to your accounts to help you further, please contact us by following the link in the private message I've sent you.

View more options

Dear Vodafone

My Sure Signal has stopped working and now has no lights showing.

Please contact me to arrange a replacement

Thanks

Les Otter

View more options
Administrator

I'm sorry to see your Sure Signal has stopped working @lesotter 😕 So we're able to have a look what we can do, please get in touch using the link in my private message.

View more options
4: Newbie

I'm yet another one with a completely dead sure signal V3 - not a single light on it and it makes a horrible high pitched whining noise when it's plugged in.  After finding this thread and reading about it, I called Vodafone and am totally disgusted by what I was told.

Firstly, the advisor said I was completely over reacting about the potential fire risk and that this had only happened to a couple of people, it's not a real issue, it's just been blown out of proportion.  Secondly, I was called a liar when I said about the email from the CEO advising that these units are to be replaced, free of charge, regardless of warranty and thirdly, to add insult to injury, he said the only way he would give me a free sure signal is if I commit to an early upgrade of my phone and tie myself into Vodafone, despite me telling him numerous times I didn't want to as I'm waiting for the S10 to be released next year and want to consider all options.  He countered that with 'well just take any old phone and a 12 month contract because it's not even going to be released until September 2019'.  Everything I've seen about this phone online guesses at a mid March release date, so he's clearly lying, that desperate to get me to sign another contract.

The unit is completely dead, I opened it up and it stunk of melting plastic and upon looking, there's a white square 'thing' in the middle and it's tinged brown and the edging of it is brown on one side.  One of the components on the circuit board opposite is held in with a small bit of plastic and this plastic has partially melted away.

So despite your CEO telling you that these units are to be replaced, your dodgy advisors are denying all knowledge of these instructions and trying to tie customers into contracts to get the unit replaced as well as lying about unknown release dates of future phones and not caring that the device isn't fir for purpose, doesn't perform for as long as it should do and 'it's my choice if I want to go to consumer rights/trading standards'  Oh, and I also don't appreciate being told that it doesn't matter that I can't get any bars and my phone frequently shows no service in the area I live in (despite their checker showing I get good signal inside and out even though not a single person down this road can get a good signal, hence you often hear the neighbours in the gardens in all weather taking phone calls!!) because wifi calling is the way forward, it's the future and all phones are going to go that way in the future.  It apparantly doesn't matter that you can't provide me with the service I'm paying far too much for when I'm in my own home because of the amazing wifi calling.  Clearly doesn't matter I can't get any texts, but that's irrelevant to Vodafone I guess.....

View more options
Highlighted

@ayre78 - I’m disappointed to hear the experience you’re having with getting this Sure Signal replaced. We can help to get this resolved. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Good morning,

I'm another customer with a burnt out sure signal. Came down to my home office this morning and wondered why certain things were not working. Main fuse board RCD tripped on electrical socket ring main. Traced it back to extension lead fuse blown. Replaced this fuse and the only thing not working now is the sure signal. I unplugged this and could hear something rattling and could smell a burnt electronics smell. I opened it up to see that there is black soot on the sure signal casing and internal components. It appears that one of the electical components has become hot and failed quite spectacularly.  I've just recently renewed my plan with Vodafone but now can't use my phone (and my wife's phone) in our office which impacts greatly on what we can get done. Who do I need to contact to get a replacement for this faulty device?

View more options

I've posted in a new post that our replacement Sure Signal 3 appears to be going the same way as it's predecessor a year ago. I've asked for the info to arrange a replacement. Then I clocked this thread again...

My question is this. This issue has been known about for years, so why is a newer box manufactured late 2017 going the same way (very hot no lights, not YET blown). I'll be relieved to get a replacement, but remain concerned the same thing will keep happening. Over and above our needs for replacement boxes, what are Vodafone doing to fix this quality issue?

View more options

Used Vodafone chat who directed me towards phoning the technical department. I phoned them and they said it is out of warranty. But instead they activated calling over wifi on my phone which should remove the requirement for the sure signal.

So there is a work around, but I would say that Vodafone are avoiding the issue with the sure signal.

View more options

I'm glad to hear your issue's been resolved when you called us @austenleeds. I'm sorry to hear your new Sure Signal's faulty @SparkyT, so we can help with this, please contact us by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you and we'll be in touch.

View more options

So despite me sending the message on 7th December, exactly as described in your Private message to me, I've still not had the courtesy of a response and the situation is still exactly the same in that I have a defective Sure signal unit with markings inside indicating it has overheated, no phone signal and having to reply on wifi calling and not being able to receive text messages whilst at home due to lack of signal.

Can someone please chase up a reply to my message sent on 7th Dec as soon as possible 

View more options

Hi @ayre78 , I’m sorry to hear you’ve not had a reply to your email send on 7 December. I’m unable to locate this using your email address - if you can let us know your email reference number (this will have been sent in an automated reply and will look like: #2016789) we can check we received it.

View more options

It wasn't an email.  I was sent a private message with a link in it to click and complete an online contact form.  If I click on it again, it takes me to a 'social escalations hub' page and I had to fill in and submit the details using your online form.  It's this that I have had no response from

View more options

@ayre78 It sounds like you've followed all of the right steps in sending your details to us. When you click submit, we'll send an automated confirmation email to you, on the email address you supplied. This is to say we've received your details and will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sometimes this automated response can be sent to your junk/spam box in error. Please double check this and see if it's there. If not, it's possible we haven't received your details. 

If this is the case, please try to send them again using an alternative email address, device or web browser and let us know how you get on 😊

View more options

I've submitted the information again, used a different browser and it's taken me to exactly the same screen saying "Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch -We’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible"  but no email confirmation with a reference number has come through to my email and there's nothing in my junk folder.  Am I to assume that like last time, nothing has actually been recieved, despite the assurances on screen that it has, because there is no confirmation email with a reference number in my email?

View more options
3: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

My Sure Signal has suffered the same fault as others on this thread. This is the 2nd unit that has suffered the same problem and I had to purchase the this 2nd unit after the first failure.

Can you please contact me to arrange a replacement?

Thanks

Brodie

View more options