main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cliff_g wrote:

Unfortunately par for the course for Voda.  Move your business if you can!  3 and EE each have signal boxes - free!

How come you can post for other networks, cliff_g?

We are in a dodgy area for signal here....even 4G is iffy and as for 2 or 3G, that's outdoors, variable indoors hence the SS. My phone could do WiFi calling but wife is still using a Windows phone and that won't.

Have been with Vodafone for decade(s) and service has definitely tailed off over the years.

View more options
3: Seeker

Another user here now without SS V3 units. I have two, one used at the front of the house and one connected via a powerlink network in a garden office building. The first one failed about 3 weeks, reported on the phone and escalated but no call back. I chatted to the online help guys this morning who advised me to go in to the local store. They were singularly useless to say the least - specifically Chris and Nicole in the Worcester Office, conveniently located on The Shambles as that what they are!

I've now called 191 again and yet again wiating for an escalated call back which I am not holding my breath for. 

In the meantime I have two dead and out of warrany SS units and a ##~## poor mobile signal.

Hopefully someone from VF can put this right quickly beore my next step of registering this with Trading Standards or whatever they're called this week...

View more options
4: Newbie

I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

I received the pm, Vodafone received my reply when I used the link, I got an email telling me what was going to happen next, then I received my replacement SSV3 which is up and running.

Successful outcome achieved without calling up or using live chat.

Thanks to the OP and Vodafone Moderators on this thread.

View more options
6: Helper

Great. I certainly have had similar experience - twice! but VF need to get some serious training done across the board, including their shops, phones and chat. It's not acceptable to have a VF lottery as to whether you get service or not.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

What am I doing wrong then?

I have been polite on phone to operatives, have been given 2 tracking numbers but neither one works....unable to track number is the response.

Please can you reply, Vodafone? I don't want to leave you but this isn't encouraging me to stay and it is costing me best part of £66 a month to get this treatment and a mobile that loses signal when I'm working from home isn't helping.

View more options
View more options

The email you've received is sent out automatically to all Sure Signal owners, when there's been no activity on it for 90 days @OldEngineer. I'm sorry to hear yours became faulty. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please let us know.

I'm disappointed to see your order's been delayed @Anonymous. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please follow the instructions in my private message and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signal's become faulty @d8raider. So we can help you further with this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark wrote:

The email you've received is sent out automatically to all Sure Signal owners, when there's been no activity on it for 90 days @OldEngineer. I'm sorry to hear yours became faulty. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please let us know.

I'm disappointed to see your order's been delayed @Anonymous. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please follow the instructions in my private message and we'll be happy to help.

I now have 2 SS. They were sitting on the door step when I got home on Friday, no text to say they were coming, couldn't track the order numbers I was given. Surprisingly the more recent one was despatched a day before the first one was. First one ordered 12th October despatched 25th October. The Vodafone signal is even worse with the SS installed than it was without it...we have periods with absolutely NO signal now.

View more options

By way of an update on my situation it seems the best VF can do is offer me a new SS at half price. One of my units went out of warranty in August would you believe :-(

View more options

I'm disappointed to hear your experiencing difficulty connecting to our network through your Sure Signal @Anonymous, you can find help with many issues through our troubleshooting guide.

So we can help you find a suitable solution to your query @d8raider, please continue to discuss this with us via email.

View more options

@Mark - I am and waiting a reply following my reply at 11-11am on the 30th

View more options

@d8raider Have you now had a response regarding this?

View more options

Yes, an amazing offer of being able to replace the two out of warranty (one by only a couple of months), faulty units that tripped my fuse board when they went pop with a new one that I could buy with a generous 50% discount. 

It may be no surprise that I’m not taking up the offer, I’ll struggle through and when the phone contracts expire I’ll be getting PAC codes and going elsewhere.

View more options
2: Seeker

I've already reported this to Trading Standards.  Despite two moderators @Colleen and @Mark apparently looking into this for me, plus me filling out their 'special form' for escalations, it's all gone into a black hole.  Nobody responding, nobody doing anything, no customer service.

Amazing that they would rather my wife and I both move provider, thus losing longstanding customers (and decent monthly payments) rather than sending two new SureSignal units to replace the ones that simultaneously failed.   When will Vodafone actually do what's right?  I'd love to see their corporate values - bet it doesn't include this level of 'service'.  All I want is a reliable phone signal.

View more options

Vodafone are indeed  (and in word )  hopeless.  Yes, they would rather lose you than admit they are wrong.  It took a big deal to get them fined over other customer service shortcomings.  But Trading Standards have rolled over on this and either don't care or they believe VF's word on the matter.  Problem is each Trading Standards office is separate and only used to making sure grocers don't short-weight their customers.  This is WAY beyond them.  Just leave, 3 or EE.

View more options
2: Seeker

My third Suresignal V3 has now failed in the same way as described in this post - at the time of failure of the first two, I was not aware of the issues described above.

I would like a moderator to contact me to resolve this by replacement of the device free of charge as per the email from Vodafone CEO above.

I will post back here to confirm what action Vodafone have taken. I`m hoping they will do the right thing by their customers......

View more options

@d8raider I can see we replied to your latest email on 2 November. So we can escalate this for you, please reply to this and we'll ensure this is resolved for you.

@rumbers I've replied to your other post here.

@elephant43 So we can access your account to help with your Sure Signal query, please follow the details I've sent in the private message you'll receive. Our team will then be in touch.

View more options

@Natasha the email seemed quite unequivocal in the options available - loosely interpreted as buy another at half price or lump it. If you can find a way to keep me as a customer before the device contract's reach their renewal dates then I've replied and the ball's now back in your court.

View more options