main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a dead SS V3, it was working fine but now suddenly there are no lights on it and it is a lot warmer to touch.  Also there now appears to be a high pitched noise coming from it, that can't be a good thing!

Please can someone let me know how I go about getting the issue resolved?

Many thanks,

Steve

View more options

Hi @Delboy_1976  I'm sorry to hear that your Sure Signal is no longer working. We're more than happy to discuss this further with you. As we'll need to bring you away from the public forum, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your response, I have responded to the PM as requested.

Thanks,

Steve

View more options

Hi, 

I came home from work to a smell of burning,  eventually finding my V3 sure signal with no lights on, I turned it off and on again which resulted in a pop and a warm sure signal, from reading other peoples posts on here it seems that a lot of these are faulty and potentially dangerous, can you please tell me what to do or who to contact regarding this issue.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry for the issue you've had with the Vodafone Sure Signal @Badger64 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch about this.

Blair

View more options

Hi,

My Sure Signal has died too, when I chatted to someone online they didn't seem to care and I was told that if I wasn't happy with Vodafone I could move to another network. I've been a customer since 2001 and I've never recieved such terrible customer service before.

Can someone help solve my problem?

Thanks

Tim`

View more options

@TimC82 I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had, when you got in touch with us regarding your Sure Signal. I understand how important these devices are for our customers and I know this must have been disappointing. We'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 
So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
4: Newbie

Even worse luck.

My Father has a Sure Siganl (I bought for him) ... and he also ceased using it when contractc on his phjone expired.

He suggested I use his .... went to do so and found his also will not power up (no light on)

This does seem a shockingly unreliable product.

I have logged both at Watchdog .......... I will try VF customer service again tomorrow.  Though do not expect success.

View more options

@sargan A Sure Signal can become inactive, if it hasn't been used for a long time. So I can check the status of the device for you, please take a look at our Sure Signal troubleshooting thread, then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread. Please make sure to include the seriel number in your answers 😊

View more options
View more options

My Sure Signal died overnight. I've tried resetting it but no lights came on and it now makes a weird humming noise when powered on, needless to say it's no longer plugged in. How should i escalate this ?

View more options
3: Seeker

Our SureSignal V3 has died after working fine for a few years.  There are no lights, though the mains passthrough socket is working.  I've tried pressing the reset button and different mains sockets but it made no difference Searching online I found that this has been a common issue and that this device is potentially dangerous, and eventually found my way to this forum.

@Vodafone - please let me know how we can get a replacement?  The mobile signal in our house is very poor (1 bar) despite being 7 miles from your HQ!

Thanks,

Mike

View more options

I have exactly same fault on 2 SureSignal devices .... VF customer service just stated Out of warranty go buy another.

View more options

@sargan - We’ll need to check the last time the Sure Signal was used, so we can make sure it’s not been suspended. I've sent you a private message.
Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details (including the Sure Signal serial number).

@keith2o14  @mjt222 – I’m sorry to hear what’s happened to both of your Sure Signal devices. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Here we go again, my second sure signal to get charred and rattles like a good 'un !!  Last one was replaced with no problem however I am pretty convinced that this one is post the cut off date which is worrying.   The serial number is 42152733343, I used to have a link to the serial number checker but can't seem to find it now.   Does anyone know what it is please?  Thanks.

View more options

Called Customer Services again today ... quoted the facts here that SureSignals will be replaced even if outsiode warranty.

They had no knowledge of this - and would not proceed to replace the failed unit(s)   (Have 2 failed V3s)

Does anyone know of a person or email address in Vodafone of someone who agrees with the facts in this thread ?

View more options

@sargan wrote:

Called Customer Services again today ... quoted the facts here that SureSignals will be replaced even if outsiode warranty.

They had no knowledge of this - and would not proceed to replace the failed unit(s)   (Have 2 failed V3s)

Does anyone know of a person or email address in Vodafone of someone who agrees with the facts in this thread ?

I just went into a shop last time and it was replaced no problem.  Just have to make sure they have stock before you go.  Nothing quite like complaining in public to focus their attention .... they want you out of there as quickly as possible.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signal's become faulty @sargan and there's been some confusion over replacing this. As advised by @geebeesee, you can nip into your local Vodafone store and they'll be happy to exchange it for you. If this is inconvenient, get in touch through the private message I've sent and one of our team will order you a replacement.

View more options

Hi, having read through this thread, it looks like my SureSignal v3 has blown up.

I came home from work a couple of days ago to find that the mains fuse had tripped, I thought it was weird but just reset it.  Later on I realised that I had no cell reception, which sometimes happens when the SureSignal needs a reset.  I found that the box had no lights on it, which definitely was not normal and went to press the reset button and smelled a strong burnt plastic smell and then obviously just disconnected the box from the power socket.

Is anyone able to offer me any advice on this, please?  Many thanks in advance.

View more options

@pdgraham I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Sure Signal. I understand how important these devices are to our customers and we'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you. 
So I can help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options