main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

2: Seeker

Hello Mark,

I have problem with my Sure Signal box. The box overheats and stops working. After cooling down it resumes working. After reading this thread I realised that my Sure Signal box might soon "explode". I have sent private message to arrange a replacement. Thank  you very much for your help and assistance.

View more options
3: Seeker

@Gemma wrote:

@mjt222 – I’m sorry to hear what’s happened to both of your Sure Signal devices. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi @Gemma, is there any progress on this please?  I completed the form on 22nd March, and had a response yesterday (25th March) asking me for the serial number, which I duly provided within an hour.  I have heard nothing since.

Would it be quicker for me to go to a Vodafone shop?

Regards,

Mike

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi I did respond to your private message ... and completed the forms.

Not heard anything since ?  should I have heard by now ?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@mjt222 & @sargan - We appreciate your patience regarding this, we'll be in touch as soon as we can to discuss this further.

View more options

Hi, just found this thread, after our Sure Signal v3 died yesterday and we went to the shop as advised and had to buy a new one for £69 as it was out of warranty! No mention of this issue. The dead unit was bought in February 2016 so is probably one of the faulty ones. Serial number 42152956100. Please can you advise what steps I need to take to have this looked at and the £69 refunded to my account?

(I also have another live thread on this forum awaiting an answer because the replacement v3 unit is showing error messages. Very frustrated!!)

View more options

@timbo_bobcat - I’ve replied to your other thread here.

View more options

Hi,

I've just come accross this thread as I've got 2 dead V3 Suresignals with no lights on at all. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this sorted please.

Many thanks

Martyn 

View more options

@MartynJM So I can take a look into this for you, please follow the details I've sent to you in the private message you'll receive shortly.

View more options

Hi,

Same problem here. Suresignal made a loud bang, sparks flew out of the casing and it tripped the mains circuit breaker (and the Suresignal was attached to a surge-protected power supply).

Logged into my Vodafone account and started a chat window - the Vodafone operative informed me I would need to buy a new one as it was out of warranty. He apologised for not being able help.

I would like to pursue a free replacement since the unit is clearly faulty - can anyone help?

View more options

Hi Vodafone team,

I followed the instructions sent to me last month by Colleen but I haven't received any other directions or follow up actions.  I have been without cell coverage at my house for a few weeks now, please could I ask for assistance with this issue as soon as possible?

Many thanks,

Paul

View more options

That's strange @pdgraham, we normally answer all our emails within a couple of days. So I can chase this and get your new Sure Signal dispatched as soon as possible, please confirm the case reference (looks like [#21234567]) on the auto response you received from us.

View more options

Have just updated off-line response EFT195 [#20619748]

As asked took to dvices to store to Register - seemed odd as they have been in use for 3 years.

Still both dead - no lights.

View more options

@Mark wrote:

That's strange @pdgraham, we normally answer all our emails within a couple of days. So I can chase this and get your new Sure Signal dispatched as soon as possible, please confirm the case reference (looks like [#21234567]) on the auto response you received from us.

Hi @Mark, thanks very much for coming back to me.  I don't think I've had an auto-response with a case number.

I tried following the link a couple of times using the code that Colleen sent me and I get to the acknowledgement page with the "Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch" message but I haven't received a confirmation email.

Thanks, Paul

View more options

Thanks @sargan, I can see we've received your latest email and will be in touch as soon as possible.

@pdgraham I'm sorry to see that you've not received an automated email with your reference number from us. I've been unable to locate any emails from the email address registered on your Community profile. Please try the following when submitting your details to us:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.

After doing these steps you should then receive a reference number to your email address and our team will have received your details.

View more options

Hi,

My v3 suresignal went bang (and tripped the power) and is no longer working s/n 42152923209. After it went bang it too hot to touch.

However I have a second v3 suresignal that I had from my old house that I have plugged in and is working (at least has power and flashing lights) however I'm not told I can't activate it as it has been dormant for over one year and the only option is for me to purchase a 3rd sure signal! - that is crazy - notwithstanding the waste, packaging and cost to the environment as well as to my pocket. The representative also confirmed that these devices have lots of problems and a very short shelf life - good one on the environment and throwaway culture there.

Please could you confirm what I need to do here please? And just to confirm that  you want to dispose of 2 plastic items (one of which is working perfectly fine?)

Thanks

Andy

View more options

Hi,

I have a Sure Signal v3 that is competely dead (no lights) and on phoning Vodafone, have been told I will need to buy a new one. I'm not happy as it is used with a work phone, and we dont have a good enough signal to be without a Sure Signal at home. We stayed with Vodafone due to the Sure Signal, and am dissapointed if I have to buy another unit, especially given the number of issues these units seem to have.  The Serial number is 43161674593. Please can you look into this, and send the forms that have been mentioned on this thread. Thanks

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @drandy. I'll be more than happy to see if I can get your other Sure Signal back up and running again. As you've been advised, after a certain time the unit's barred and can't be reactivated - I'll be happy to double check for you though. 

@Thorn if your Sure Signals still under warranty, you can pop into your local Vodafone store and they'll be happy to give you a replacement. How long have you had it for?

I've popped you both a private message over with details on how to get in touch, so I can help you both further. 

View more options

My suresignal V3 was dead this morning. No lights at all. If I put my ear to it, I can hear some scratching vibrations inside, not sure if this is a good thing, but I doubt it. No bangs, smoke or fire though, so that's nice.

The pass-through socket still works but that's it. I've tried the various options including a reset, unplugging and letting it cool (it was rather warm when it stopped working. Not too hot to touch, but abnormally hot rather than the normal operating warm).

I've seen other posts suggesting opening it up, which I can do if required to identify any burnt bits, however as this post is now on it's 60th page, is there an acknowledgement that perhaps there is a design flaw and these are dying for a reason. 

Any guidance on next steps would be most welcome.

Thanks,

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @abajaria, I'm sorry to hear your Sure Signals stopped working. If it's still under warranty, you can pop into your local Vodafone store and they'll be happy to replace it for you. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into your options for you too. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK; or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

View more options

Hi,

I've just come accross this thread as I've got a dead V3 Suresignals with no lights on at all. It was plugged in and working until I noticed a slight smell of electrical burning and spotted that it had gone dead and was very warm to touch. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this sorted please.

Many thanks

Simon

View more options