main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

3: Seeker

Quick update ..

Pitched up at aVodafone shop with the  faulty unit.  They knew nothing about any VSS problems and there wasn't any note on my account.  They did however, offer to repair it for £54 !  

So spoke to 191 and got passed around etc .. until someone contacted a supervisor who agreed I should return the unit for a free replacement to: 

Vodafone
TCS
Brunel Drive
Newark on Trent
NG24 2EG

Have just done so .... so lets see...not impressed with Vodafone any more !

View more options
16: Advanced member

I'm not sure why they sent you instore - the exchange of any faulty units would be handled by customer services.  They arrange for your faulty unit to be sent back to them and then they ship you a new one.

Hopefully the address you've been given is the right one for the return / replacement.

PWIAC

View more options

@journey7777 If you're still having trouble with this, please see the private message that I've recently sent.

@Steve_W Thanks for completing the form! We'll be in touch as soon as we can. 

@maddocks2379 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
4: Newbie

@Rahim I have already been in touch, the first days i had it. I was told its meant to get hot and to avoid using the front plug at all, plus it has a safety feature to blow the device (yes this was what i was told) to avoid any greater damage, i assumed blow a fuse, but reading the above stories, im not sure

View more options

@maddocks2379 If you'd like our team to directly investigate into this, please get in touch via the private message I previously sent. 

View more options

Rahim, you appear to be the Vodafone expert on the Suresignal.

Please answer me this. Why does the stupid thing take 15 minutes to start working after powering up ?

As I understand, it needs to access a vodafone server to get 2 or 3 phone numbers and at 10 megabits per second broadband speed, half a second should be plenty.

Hamid

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have just come home today to find my sure signal has not lights.  Something is rattling inside.  Ive had it since 2013.  Is this unsafe to leave plugged in to see if it'll reboot?

View more options
12: Established

Sarah

UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATLY!!!

Contact Trading Standards via Consumer Direct 0345 4040506 and report it as instructed on the first pages of this post, then wait for Vodafone to contact you here.

YOU MUST NOT LEAVE IT CONNECTED AS IT IS NOT SAFE..

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options

i echo GSM's post, it sounds like yours may have popped already.

View more options

@hamidmustafa This is due to your Vodafone Sure Signal requesting information from our server. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. 

@sarahfindlay I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

@Rahim
Just wondering if you have any idea how long before I get contacted / a replacement VSS?

The VF signal where we live is very poor so we're a bit stuck without one.

Thanks,

Steve

View more options

Thanks, I have just emailed you using the address you provided.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@Steve_W

Did you complete our teams email form on the back of Rahim's private message?

If so, please let us know your email reference number. It’ll look like this [#10000546] and I'll check we've got it. 

View more options

@Rahim - Did you receive my email?

View more options

I came into my office this morning to find that my SureSignal V3 is dead.

I did a bit of Googling and came across this thread and subsequently dismantled the unit to find the the magic smoke has escaped from at least one of the components in the power supply. I could probably fix it, but I'm not prepared to spend my time and money rectifying other people's design faults or poor component choices. Products should last longer than this, especially at this price point.

Could one of the Vodafone team contact me about getting a replacement unit please?

Thanks,

Richard Wright

View more options

Good luck with that.  3 weeks on and no further forward.

View more options
View more options

@EricChester

Hi,
I completed the form @Rahim linked me to back on 30th August - his link took me to a Social Escalation Hub page that I filled in as requested in the PM.

I never received an acknowledgement e-mail so I don't have the reference number you mention.

Please don't tell me I have to fill it in again. I'm just after a replacement VSS so we can use our mobiles at home.

Regards,
Steve

View more options

Exactly the same problem i'm having! @Rahim then sent me an email address to contact directly which has also not resulted in any further response. It seems the messages are disappearing down a black hole regardless of whether you fill out the form or email them directly. Brillant customer servce - well done Vodafone.

View more options
12: Established

Have you fed these problems back to Trading Standards?

Contact Consumer Direct on 03454 040506 and as them to pass your issues to West Berkshire Trading Standards who have a case open and agreements with Vodafone to exchange them.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options