main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

4: Newbie

Hi Natasha - how will I be contacted by phone or email?  Nobody has contacted me yet

View more options

I have privately PM'd Natasha and got the standard reply I received from other vodafone persons on this thread who promised they would look into it

So despite news that I would get a response I still have had nobody from Vodafone contact me about the two dead Suresignal devices despite many efforts to reach them by mail, on forum, phone and also by PM

Vodafone - you are aware these devices are no longer working - you are aware I have 2 dead devices but you seem to fail to follow up with promises to send a replacement or even talk to me or email me about a replacement

Can you please contact me ASAP

View more options

@RickW - We’ve replied to your last email on 5 December. Please check your junk/spam folder for our reply.

As soon as we hear back from you, we’ll be back in touch.  

View more options
1: Seeker

I was just about to purchase my 3rd Sure Signal box in the last 4 years and have been investigating other options by other vendors due to this failing regularly. 

In researching other providers I have come across this community and recognise this is in no way an isolated occurence. In both instances I have been left with a box that has stopped working, no lights and an odd new rattle to it. The first time I was told by Vodafone that I had to buy a new one as it was out of warranty, I have not bothered this time as I assumed I would get the same answer.

Has anyone had any success on getting some positive help on this?

View more options
2: Seeker

My VSS second unit die after 2y

Cntactec Cs

After 3h pusz to go to store, they finaly agree to replace "free of charge" when renewed my ended contract agai.
This was 02.12.2017. 
My delivery whit new phone ( Vodafone Smart V8) are scheduled on 05.12.2017
Today 08.12.2017 after 3 days of chating thru VChat (in total of 8h) what I know...my order ale still nowhere and maybe be delivered 11th or 12th December .

Amazing service after 13y on V pay monthly.

Great understanding, that I use mobile phone as emergency life line device to call for HELP cos Im paralysed.
No one interest that I nearly die on 06.12.2017 and just miracle save me.

View more options

I have now had my third Suresignal V3 fail what now?

View more options
2: Seeker

Just had our second Vodafone Suresignal fail. Our previous one failed 2 years ago in exactly the same manner, however at the time Vodafone claimed they didn't know about any faults and replaced the device (after a bit of arguing).

This time, Vodafone did send a replacement device without arguing, however they didn't admit over the phone that they knew about the failures ! I only just decided to Google it and see if it was still happening. Now I see Vodafone are fully aware of the issue. 

As I'm an electronics engineer I decided to look into what happened myself. Inside my unit, the 2A fuse had popped its lid and put soot all over the board. The small common mode choke had melted its windings and failed open circuit. The diode bridge, while not externally damaged, had failed short circuit, which caused a hard short across the mains supply.

Photos for anyone interested are here: 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155869078244089.1073741831.852904088&type=1&l=e9d46782db

In my opinion, the diode bridge being used in these units is under-rated, and fails due to thermal stress. I resurrected my device by using an external 12V 1A power supply. I think I will be keeping this as I am quite sure the external power supply will not explode!!

View more options

Vodafone are continuing to give me the run around and refusing to contact me directly by that sensible option which I repeatedly email them about called a telephone

All email communication requires me to contact them by phone (the irony seems to be lost on them with a faulty suresignal device) to a central phone number where I cannot get through to any individual who recognises my problem or account

All PMs here result in a standard response which says the same

Emails referred to on this forum have been replied to detailing who my account is held by and the number for them to call and Vodafone continue to obsfuscate and delay in contacting me by phone to arrange for a refund for the faulty device and compensation for time and effort to get to where I am now

This is the second faulty Suresignal device which has blown up and I am getting very annoyed that it seems impossible for Vodafone to contact me to arrange a replacement despite numerous promises made

Good luck to the new entrants on this thread and hopefully a full product recall will happen and I will have some money refunded

Work provided me with a replacement device (which of course will problably blow up in the fullness of time) as Vodafone failure to replace or contact me by phone was becoming critical to my work I will now be seeking monetary compensation

View more options

to the person who asked after my posts if there has been any positive resolution no - absolutely not - the customer service has been non-existant and I am still waiting for Vodafone to contact me on the number I have provided to them many times

I have has a replacement device provided for by my work so I guess in that sense Vodafone win so unless Vodafone contact me about compensation for the two broken devices so far both of which I still have and am willing to provide to any independant third party/trading standards will start a small claims court claim for the maximum allowable for the cost of the two units plus time to date

Needless to say I expect Vodafone will not get in touch

View more options
Administrator

@pwu123 @Alienista606 @mobilecentre If you've had an issue where your Sure Signal has stopped working, we'd be happy to look into this. So we're able to access your account and assist, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent.

@RickW I can see we've been in contact over email. As soon as a member of the team picks up your most recent one, we'll be in touch. 

View more options

I have replied to the email I just need someone to call me

You have my email through previous correspondance - please can you call my mobile to arrange for 2 replacement units to be sent out

Rick

View more options

17 days since I first posted on this forum over a month since I first contacted Vodafone and STILL no phone call about this

View more options

sigh......

Now Vodafone Dannie emails me again asking for a Vodafone account I do not have and declining a replacement because the goods were bought through Amazon

The reality is Vodafone are the manufacturer and ultimate supplier of the goods

It is well known that it is under warranty - even if it was not under warranty the goods are clearly not fit for purpose because the 2 of the devices have blown up and not fit for purpose

Again I have asked Vodafone to call me - they are claiming because I do not have a Vodafone account they will not replace.  The reality is my mobile service is with Vodafone - this is not the issue; the issue is Vodafone customer services are not recognising that the goods the have manufacturerd and sold 'Vodafone SureSignal' is not fit for purpose and has exploded twice

Vodafone - I have again emailed and I have again given my mobile phone number please call it so that we can resolve this

View more options
View more options