main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

@Bethania - We want to take a look at the charge you’ve incurred for the replacement Sure Signal. Please reply back to the email we sent on 29 May.

View more options
2: Seeker

@michael42 wrote:

Hi,

Hopefully you can help me urgently and arrange a replacement Sure signal v3 as it has stopped working (no lights, no reponse to reset and can hear a rattle from inside).

The device has been great until now as I cannot make or receive calls at home without it.

Thanks in advance

I managed to swap mine FOC from my local store, result

Thanks

View more options

Afternoon,

It would appear my Sure Signal V3 has had the same failure as many listed here.  I did not witness the failure, but there are no lights showing on the unit when plugged in, the power through aspect is still functional and the unit has a burnt smell.  Can Vodafone please contact me regards a replacement ASAP?

Thanks and regards,
Michael

View more options

HI @mmcghie we're more than happy to look into this for you. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you 🙂

View more options

Hi - My second v3 Suresignal (purchased and registered April 2016) has now died, all too predictably just outside the warranty period. 191 were extremely unhelpful, just telling me that it was out of warranty, and to buy another one; and denying that it could possibly be a trading standards issue. I'm getting extremely tired of this. Poor local network coverage means the Suresignal is the only way we can stay with Vodafone for mobile (and by extension home phone and broadband). Can someone explain how I can get this clearly defective unit replaced without having to pay up again. Thanks

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi ndeb123,

You are one of many, myself included, that has had to suffer this nonsense!

Try drawing the VF rep's attentions to this thread (& others) & to the pledges made by their boss!!

Follow the instructions on page 1 especially!!

Regards, Dave

View more options
6: Helper

@ndeb123 :  The best result appears to be persisting with attracting VF staff on this forum.  One will be along before too long (sometimes seems to take a couple of days).  You'll also get a private message and you need to follow the instructions.

Check the info iin the links in my signature for further info on the fault generally

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear your Sure Signal's stopped working @ndeb123.

We'll be more than happy to access your account and see if there's anything we can do for you. In order for us to do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly. 

View more options

Hi my sure signal has no lights and was red hot too. Serial number 42153830890. How can I get this replaced ? Thanks

View more options

Just taken mine into store and they swapped it no hassle. 

View more options

Hi - My one which was registered in December 2014 blew up too (bang, flash and electrical burning smell). It was in our holiday home and was only switched on when we were there.  I read about the problems with this model and contacted VF on-line and in-store and both refused to replace it.  Any advice as to what I do next? 

View more options

We'll be more than happy to access your account and see if there's anything we can do for you @heartsink.

In order for us to do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I purchased Sure Signal v3 in 2015 and it has stopped working. Although I cannot say that it blew up or has burnt out but it has no lights and doesn't come on at all. I called Vodafone customer service but they refused to replace the unit. I would appreciate if someone from Vodafone could look into my account please. Thank you

View more options

@sam600  This is more than likely the same failure.  If you're not next to it when it goes, you might not hear it, it might not blow the circuit fuse/breaker.  See the link re a technical description / what the fault is / how to assess it in my signature below.  I suggest that if you can take the unit apart you'll be able to confirm it's the same failure.  The Vodafone CEO has promised to replace these free (see first page of gsmsecure's thread).  Best way is to wait for a VF rep here on this forum.  Good luck

View more options

Apologies for our delay in replying @sam600. As we'll need access to your account to help with your Sure Signal issue, please contact us as directed in this private message and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

View more options

Mine also just made a sound before failing. Now no lights showing even on the lan connection so obviously a power supply problem.

I started a Chat session with Vodafone and they just said that I would have to buy a new one because it was out of warranty. Shradha on the other end of the Chat had clearly not read this forum or knew of the CEO message. Apparently the warranty ran out in February 2018.

This Shradha took no notice of the contract I entered into in February 2016 (since renewed). This contract was only agreed if Vodafone improved the service in the home. They had removed a local transmitter. The contract was renewed on the basis that Vodafone provided a Sure Signal for the house. So the service only works with this device and must still be part of the contract.

View more options

From one old engineer to another OldEngineer, hang around here, there should hopefully be a VF rep along before too long; this forum has the best record of getting satisfaction for folk, or at least a new SureSignal.

Note there are alternatives which I discuss in my techncal thread (see signature)

View more options

@OldEngineer So we can help with your Sure Signal issue, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch.

View more options

Sorted by email to CEO. New Sure Signal being dispatched tomorrow.

View more options

Hello,  I have Suresignal V3 manufactured by Alcatel and has just died, no lights and a wiff of burnt components.. Would be grateful for the procedure to claim a replacement. Thanks

View more options