main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

4: Newbie

Does WiFi calling allow SMS text messages to be sent and delivered?  Don’t use these much, but  texts between Android and Apple devices  still use the old SMS mechanism, so I had thought there is still a need for SS boxes to retain full phone functionality..

View more options
2: Seeker

Another blown Suresignal v3.

Last night, loud bang and all electrics tripped. Traced to very hot blown V3 with smoke damage on outer casing.

Are Vodafone still admitting they have a problem and replacing these units?

View more options

We're not experiencing any problems receiving emails @ayre78. As advised previously, if you've not received and automated response from us, we've not received your email Please clear your cache & cookies before resubmitting your query again. If you're still having a problem after trying this, please try another email address.

So we can take a look into the issue you’ve experienced with your Sure Signal boxes @bp2000 and @Spins, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Another unhappy customer here with tripped electrics and a non-functional SureSignal.

Can you please contact me to arrange a replacement?

Thanks

Tim.

View more options
1: Seeker

Yet another one with a completely dead sure signal V3 - not a single light on it and it makes a horrible high pitched whining noise when it's plugged in. Smells like burning electronics too.

Online chat agent told me there was no such thing as a free replacement because it was out of warranty.

Please can someone from here get in touch with what I need to do to get this sorted & obtain a free replacement?

Thanks

View more options

I'm sorry your Sure Signals have become faulty @mbonwick and @TimeP. So we can take a look into this for you, please get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

Me too, my Sure Signal has no lights and doesn't work.

Please send me the secret PM.

View more options

Chatted twice, on line. out of warrenty. Spoke on the Phone if I upgrade it is in warrenty other wise out of warrenty.

What is the Watchdog details?

View more options

Watchdog informed, why a company wants their name blackened before acting is beyond me.

View more options
Administrator

@williegunn wrote:

Me too, my Sure Signal has no lights and doesn't work.

Please send me the secret PM.

So we're able to see what we're able to do with regards to your Sure Signal, please get in touch using the link in my private message 🙂

View more options
4: Newbie

I am now at the end of my patience with Vodafone.  After finally sorting out the problem with my messages being received, I've had 3 replies now and they've just made a mockery of this whole process.  I was told to put a link to my message on this forum and include my username, which I did.  Despite me asking 3 times now, not one of the people that has been responding has read my initial complaint on here.  The first reply asked if I'd gone through troubleshooting steps to try and fix my unit (bearing in mind my initial complaint mentions the fact it's died from overheating) then the next day I get another reply just asking me to confirm a code before they can talk to me and now 24 hours later, the response is going on about it being inactive - it's inactive because it died from overheating a while ago (And I'm still thanking my lucky stars it didn't catch fire like some of them have), which should have been noted on my account following my awful experience with your call centre staff at the beginning of December!!!!!!! 

Despite me asking 3 times now and in my message yesterday specifically asking for someone to confirm they have read my complaint on here, yet again, this has been ignored and I'm getting told about troubleshooting and it being inactive.  When my emails are only being replied to once a day, it's making getting this sorted a really long, drawn out process when it doesn't have to be.

I'm now going to trading standards, watchdog and your CEO directly, just so he knows the nightmare Vodafone customers are having because the staff aren't listening to his instructions about replacing these units and to make him aware that call centre staff are using these defective, dangerous units to try and tie customers into longer or new contracts by refusing to replace them unless they do.

My email reference number so you can see for yourselves that all staff so far have ignored my asking them to read my initial complaint on here (hence not progressing any part of my complaint any further at all) is  20222008

View more options

Apologies for any frustration that's been caused @ayre78, we've replied to your latest email. 

View more options

Sure signal v3 blew today with loud bang, bright flash and tripped circuits. 

Vodafone currently refusing to replace the faulty unit as it's not in warranty.

Totally unacceptable service again from Vodafone when it's clearly a known issue.

View more options

@Pedsteruk I’m sorry to hear what’s happened with your Sure Signal. So we can help get this sorted, please follow the steps in the private message I’ve sent to you.

View more options