Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

4: Newbie

Yes, serial number registered. Interestingly my old one wasn't there to de-activate.

I'll leave it a day, see what happens :-)

Thanks

View more options

In fairness to Vodafone, I had a call from them this afternoon - unfortunately missed the call.  so it sounds as though they will replace the unit - it's just that the contact is a bit sporadic - let's see what happens tomorrow ...

View more options
11: Established
Hi Jomider

Good you've got a response and hopefully you're on the way to a new one. It's frustrating what Vodafone tell Trading Standards is not being followed up properly and just dragging out what could be a 10 minute process.

The route cause is more than likely poor internal communication but after nearly 30 years in business, you'd expect this to be more efficient.

They are also standing by their response of blaming the mains power supply instead of holding up their hands and accept the inevitable for a flawed design.

How many are calling into shops and phoning to be told that there is no warranty and buy a new one.?

They then come here in frustration, find this post and ultimately end up with a replacement after a few more hurdles to jump.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options

Thanks for your support, it really helps to see that others have the same issues..

View more options

Just noticed I have no signal on my phone so went over to reset the Sure Signal but it has died. No power to it at all. Tried it in multiple sockets in the house but still nothing. I'm worried to put it in any more sockets looking at what is happening on this thread. It's v3 and I haven't had it that long.

How do I go about getting a replacement?

View more options
If it's in warranty then call 191 and they should sort things out. A lot of other people have the issue when it's out of warranty.
View more options

Looks like it's out of warranty by 6 months so they won't replace on the phone. Can any e-forum advisor help here?

View more options

I'vebeen having the same - you really need to keep pressing - see  some of the earlier posts esp from gmsecure one of the frequent posters.  I'm expecting a call from them later on - we'll see

all the best J

View more options
CircuitWizard

If you read the thread here you will be advised to contact Trading Standards to report your devices failure then obtain a replacement at no charge.

View more options

@CircuitWizard I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
So.....today's update!
I rang technical support and we discussed my old dead sure signal. I explained the issue, and he seemed to know about the burn out issue. He escalated to 3rd line support immediately and talked about me sending mine in to test etc.
HOWEVER.....when I got put through, 3rd line said if there was no exterior burn marks or smoke that came from the device, then mine could not be one of the affected few (and he said the rare occasion they have burnt out). He did not want it. He recommended I did not open it. When I pushed him on be point, and said if I open it and see burnt out transistor inside would you not want to know. He said once I've opened it it would not be possible to know how it happened (implying I could have done the damage myself!).
Before I got out through to 3rd line, the first guy knew people had been refunded through out of warranty dead sure signals. Once I spoke to 3rd line he was not interested at all, unless it had an exterior burn mark!
I asked why it would be a dead sure signal, no lights. He said no idea, and it's lasted it's life span. 2 years 6 months is surely not a reasonable life span.
I've had no call back or email from my complaint or online messages (I know it can take 48 hours, so perhaps before 9am tomorrow?).
Frustrated!
@Rahim please please can you help and sort out a loyal long standing customer? I've spent such a long time going round in circles.
p.s. Just to make things worse, my new sure signal that I paid for, is still not active and I've been told to wait a further 24 hours for it!
View more options
Hi

Two and a half years is not reasonable life expectancy for a product that has such a high price. Consumer law covers you and if necessary this option is open to you to take Vodafone to Small Claims for your refund.

If won't be necessary as they have already agreed to refund and replace although I have seen it where a number of times they try to obstuct a claim.

Did you get the guys name who ultimately refused to refund you?

With regards to opening it up and the ridiculous claims you have damaged it, I am aware of many who have opened their devices and taken photos to post here and they too have been refunded.

Open yours up and take pictures then post them on here for all to see. Don't worry about what you have been told as I am happy to have your device inspected to prove the damage was caused by the device itself.

I have made my Trading Standards guy and Vodafone's CEO aware of your comment today and suggest you call Consumer Direct to update your case of their refusal to refun in order to further the investigation against Vodafone.

Due to the thickness of the casing it is not possible to see external burn marks and again this comment was obstructive. I suggest you open it up and post pictures and call Vodafone back again to give them a chance to refund you .

Phone Vodafone back and make a formal complaint and ask that it is escalated to Customer Relations in order to resolve.. If this fails write a letter to their head office address above and suggest they have 28 days or you'll pursue a Small Claims case plus costs

They will eventually give in..

View more options

I just need to go buy the correct screwdriver for the screws (do you know the size and name of that screws?).

there is a formal complaint raised with Vodafone, and I'm told they will call me within 48/72 hours. The lady in shop also updated the call after I was sent to the store and then told they shouldn't have as store can't do anything.

And still my new sure signal hadn't even been activated, and waiting in a queue :-(

View more options
3: Seeker
It's a torx driver. Fairly sure it's a T10.
Interestingly I just found this on another forum too.
http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20974&sid=feee5e792e4b7aa2ee0e41dda6e63d36
Good luck getting your replacement sorted.
View more options

You can get a set from Poundshop or Poundland. It has all the screwdriver ends you could ever need... It's in a sort of conical container..

good luck

View more options

Well,  I'm sorry to say that I kept my phone by me all day. No call from vodafone.    One of their social media guys contacted me yesterday and asked when he should call back. I said today pls.  I think I'm onto their strategy now.  They call and then don't call you back.. Creates delay and inertia

if any social media guys are reading this I am going to apeak to to BBC 

watchdog tomorrow just for due warning..  Fed up now and have other things to do with my time. Call early pls if you are going to..

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Jomider

Please could you provide us with your reference number so we can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Viki. 

View more options

Hi @Viki - have sent you a pm - thanks J

View more options

It seems after a bit of a false start, Vodafone have grasped this issue - my situation has been sorted out now and I have had contact from a number of very helpful team members.

What was lacking in coordination has been more than made up for in attentiveness by the team - thanks everyone.

Perhaps the resolution will be a bit smoother for others now  J

View more options

Success at last :-)

Tom from social media comms was very helpful and has applied a refund of £69 to my account, I've agreed to send in my old device (ironic as if they had just done this in store they would have it by now). Tom did want to have the device prior to full refund (eg half now half on receipt of device, I did push for a full refund now as I did not want to wait and chase again).

I've agreed to send device Barack to their Newark address.

Crazy it took so long.

Third line still insisting it is only a burnt out device if it is exterior damage visable, I said surely it could burn out and not kniw until it is opened up and assessed for internal damage.

I've just now had another call back, from when I asked to escalate a complaint. The person said he could put me to 3rd line again. Not sure if my complaint ever actually got raised as an official complaint.

Bottom line, I've had a new device refunded, painful experience.

A big thank you to Tom who finally resolved!  Appreciate your help and understand individuals are just doing their job, I just wish the system (Vodafone) learn from experiences like ours. 

View more options